PDA

View Full Version : Breathing issues n head

Em.ma
29-08-11, 20:42
hi im anxious as somwtimes i get feeling in upper throat chestt that feels like loads of sucked un air and that i cant breathe for a few seconds. happens every so often randomky when im busy. i also rem3mber a time wen i was so bad i spent 3 days in bed n wen i finally moved i cudnt walk as they were numb. also having my hair cut short tommorow n worried bout my head. earlier it brushed on mums arm by accident and i always manage to tap it wem-n doing my hair/ thats y i want it short lol sorry 4 the rant

Em.ma
29-08-11, 21:01
it also happens sometimes when i breathe in

Em.ma
29-08-11, 21:24
im also worried as when i eat sometimes it gets stuck n hurts so i have to drink to get it to go down

suzy-sue
29-08-11, 21:33
Often one of the first symptoms of anxiety. People complain of feeling as though they will choke or being strangled. In reality its not nearly so dramatic - the muscles in the throat contract and salivary glands produce thick mucus leading to a feeling of restriction around the throat, it can produce a feeling that you are having difficulty swallowing or breathing. In fact you are not having difficulty, it just feels as though you are. You also get a dry mouth and it can feel like you cannot drink but you can.
You feel as though there is something stuck in your throat or sometimes feel there is a lump in your throat. Other times you may feel that you can barely swallow or that there is a tightness in the throat, or that you have to really force yourself to swallow. Sometimes this feeling can lead you to think that you may suffocate or get something stuck in your throat.
What causes this:

When in danger, stress biology produces a tightening in the throat muscles which produces the choking or 'something stuck in the throat' feeling. When in a nervous or stressful situation, many people will experience this feeling. It is often referred to as 'a lump on your throat'.
There is minimal danger of choking or suffocating under normal conditions, however, some people are very sensitive to things in their throat and therefore caution should always be observed when eating. Chewing food thoroughly andslowly will prevent inadvertently swallowing something that may provoke someone to gag. This symptom can come and go, and may seem to intensify if one becomes focused on it.

Em.ma
29-08-11, 21:43
thank you sue. i get it randomly once every few weeks when imdistracted like im suffocating for a few seconds and when i breathe in sometimes... thank u though ur post helped x tc emma

Em.ma
29-08-11, 21:45
1st symtpom i ever had was stranglung feeling this is different but im sure its ok just a bit unexplainable

Em.ma
29-08-11, 21:49
i hate still worrying bout those 3 days when i didnt move... this was common due to anxiety and bullying... i had 1 month of year 11 off i cudnt face it... i sat most days then too crying. i feel im missing on the best years of my life

bottleblond
29-08-11, 22:05
:hugs:Emma

You are panicing again huni. I promise you that nothing bad is happening to you, it's purely stress and anxiety. I get the tight throat thing ALL the time. It's a horrible sensation but remember that it is only a sensation.

I find warm drinks and some menthol helps loads when i am like that. Maybe some olbus oil on a tissue or some Vicks.

You're going to be just fine and imagine how fab you are going to look and feel with your new hairdo.

You'll be fine toots

Lisa
xx

bottleblond
29-08-11, 22:07
P.s

You're young and your life can get back on line so quick. You just need to believe in that and believe in yourself.

xx

Em.ma
29-08-11, 22:44
thank you i try to believe that x. ive wanted my hair done 4 ages so am looking forward to ir x

Em.ma
30-08-11, 17:52
had hair done but her fist did hit my head once, my upper back/lower leg hurts n they always ask that q when i complain bout head collisions. also i burped up sick and just got weird pain in forehead

Em.ma
30-08-11, 17:55
well not really burp up it came up n got pains in back now

Em.ma
30-08-11, 19:07
im suprised that evenigh after sitting for 3 days n walking 4 30 mins to get feeling back un legs i didnt get a dvt lol- i get randim mild calf pains now

Em.ma
30-08-11, 20:37
i just felt like i fell back then got a head pain.

s11fyx
30-08-11, 20:45
Stop worrying and calm down. Can you do something to distract yourself x

Em.ma
30-08-11, 20:47
yes going to watch rubbish tele haha x thank you

Em.ma
31-08-11, 16:43
the breathung thing also happens wgem going fast in cars or buses and going over speed bumps- its not tightness- its like all the air is sucked out and i cant breathe 4 a few seconds

s11fyx
31-08-11, 17:00
I honestly thinking your panicing about nothing. I k ow it's easier said than done but try not to think about your breathing you won't notice it. I try this with my heart as my anxiety is all heArt related but I find it really hard sonedays x

Em.ma
31-08-11, 18:34
thank you. i think so to. i keep feeling sick n dizzy and sharp head pains so worrying about hemmorage as her hand slipped n hit my head by accident. also in car today put my head back n mum put brakes on and it tapped the back. hate this illness.

duke246810
31-08-11, 19:09
Emma its ok! :)
Im having worries about my head aswell, got some pretty scary symptoms going on atm, trying to ignore them but not working :( i dont understand how you can get non-serious symptoms from anxiety when your not even anxious.. hmm baffles me lol.. xx

Em.ma
31-08-11, 21:08
thanks beth. are my sinus issues due to a damp house? round the front door its bad and a little in dads room n my room a little. wen i ask dad he just says i know but i cant afford it emma.

Em.ma
31-08-11, 21:10
sharp pains in same place on top of head. my dad is so unhappy, he says the sooner his dead the better which really upsets me. gettin very weird sensations in head, inbetween nose n back if head.

Em.ma
31-08-11, 21:26
its so silly but im scared the house will collaspe lol.

s11fyx
31-08-11, 21:44
Why does your dad think that?

I don't think the damp will cause sinus pain certain damps can cause bad coughs but that's usually if there's loads if it. Get some bleach in a bowl and water and scrub the Walls with the mould on it will bring it off.

The head pains will be tension x

Em.ma
31-08-11, 21:51
thanks. never used bleach personally. how much do you use. will hot soapy water do it?? his upset about bro being in hospital 4 nearly 6 months now and every little thing annoys him at moment. mums unhappy to shes on citolpram. we all try to laugh n joke with each other but all 4 of us are just not right at the moment.

Em.ma
31-08-11, 22:16
i wake up with snot in throat. i can feel it drainung down from nose to mouth. i sneeze a bit to- i have a sickly taste in mouth n feel ill. think i might see gp friday but dont want to waste nhs time.

s11fyx
31-08-11, 22:40
thats just a bit of nasal drip just buy a nose spray from the chemist or use a bowl with hot water and olbas oil that will clear in a few days.

it needs to be bleach as removes the mould just use one and half cap (of the top of the bottle) full with two jugs of hot water in a bowl.

Em.ma
31-08-11, 23:08
thanks will do that friday- clean. is it safe to touch with hands? i wish parents wud sort it- so i could sleep without fear of house collasping- theres bits in most rooms but like my nan said he waits years to sort things lol. thank u x

s11fyx
01-09-11, 07:05
Just put rubber gloved on like washing up gloves only because it might dry your skin out not cos it could make you I'll as it will be really diluted. Do your parents own the house?

Anxious_gal
01-09-11, 07:41
I always wondered if it was just me lol, I get the same thing , going fast in cars or over bumps, my tummy tenses up and I get that sucked in air feeling.
I'm pretty sure it's normal, just your body going against gravity and bracing it's self.

Anxiety gives you lots of funny pains because your so tense, you mucles can get tired and achy .

Do you have anyone to talk to? Friends or teachers?
When your parents are sad and stressed that can affect you too.

Anxious_gal
01-09-11, 07:43
If you are under 18 you may able to get free therapy , I would maybe ask your doctor next time your there : )

Em.ma
01-09-11, 22:12
thanks everyone. mishel on waiting list 4 it x im at docs tommoroe scared of cancer lol. black bit on gum, sweatimg a lot-especially in mornings. also painful to touch aroound nose n pain and pain in gums when brushing so seeing doc as im scared

Em.ma
01-09-11, 22:21
yes they own the house. the damp around door is awful. i hate living here. my friends and family just dont get it.

Em.ma
01-09-11, 22:31
i just vision the house collasping wen i sleep. most walls are damp but mould is on front door. very anxious tonight. i know money is a struggle but this had needed sortimg 4 years

Em.ma
02-09-11, 11:16
i have docs wed. i have sinus pain. black gum. pain in gums. feelimh ill all the time n tired. sweating most in mornings. also at nigjt time used to get up bout 10 times to use the loo. also stools change a lot - im scared of cancer. the pain around nose is horrendous this mornimg.

s11fyx
02-09-11, 11:19
Just relax there all anixety symptoms

As for the mould it won't won't cause your house to collapse. If your worried about your breathing cos of it why not get a air purifier for you room

Em.ma
02-09-11, 17:45
thanks but i domt get frequent uriantiom anymote n it used to happen at nigjt whem i got into bed but i was never anxioius n when i am now i never get that. i yawn all day but get 10 hiurs sleep most days. i feel weak n ill and no appetite but i still eat. im so confused. the black mark on gum makes me think cancer. i sweat a lot- worse in mornings in bed when im calm- not to do with anxiety. when i eat jaw gurts. top gums hurt- but wisdom tooth cominf through on bottom. nose pain etc. painful to touch around nose- sinuses.

Em.ma
02-09-11, 17:57
tonight i just want to sit with a tub of ben and jerrys n watch tele but im to anxious to even do that

Em.ma
02-09-11, 17:59
the pain around nose is bad n the black bit behind a flappy gum is scary- its near the front on bottom- i dont understand the only parts of my mouth unaffected are by my wisdom teeth coming through

Em.ma
02-09-11, 18:01
i cant wait till wednesday but im scared of what she will say. the urinatiom was weird- at night wen i got into bed when i wasnt anxious. im concinced this is cancer.

Em.ma
02-09-11, 18:11
i also shake after 4 hours with no food - ive never had this before. im scared out my mind with worry. these are cancer sypmtoms though n they have no relation to when im anxious as the urination stopped ages ago.

Em.ma
02-09-11, 18:17
last year for 6 minths have bad tummy pains- i cudnt walk n discharge n couldnt use the loo 4 days. a few months ago had one biut of dirraheoa- doc said thats the 1st sign of bowel cancer- my stools chanfe everytime i go. sometimes everday then not 4 a week. different everytime to. im driving my self mentally insane

Em.ma
02-09-11, 18:28
last thing is for years had this giant mole- spot on back of head that ive never seen. but felt. i burnt badly once as a kid, once last year and mildly twice this year. forgot shoulders were uncovered lol. ive warn my self out now. its just to much to deal with anymore.

s11fyx
02-09-11, 18:30
you really do need to take a deep breath and calm down.

have you got anyone you ca talk to or go out with to take your mind of it.

my wisdow teeth are comeing through and my face was agnogy and swollen so i wouldnt worry about the face pain

the sweating in bed most people do and even though you say your not anixious you are as your so worked up at certain times of the day your body will be over drive

the stools things sounds like ibs caused by beig anixious most peoples stool change alot but to be honest most wouldt even look or notice what there stools are like x

you need to take your mind of itr have you had any cbt or counselling yet i think you need to ask for it to be urgent you cant carry on like this. are you at college or anything?

Em.ma
02-09-11, 18:51
im meeting a friend tommorow. im 17 and in college x the urination is the scariest i think- no longer there. everytime i mention anxiety to friend i getn" ugh not this again shut up" as a response.

s11fyx
02-09-11, 18:58
does your college not have access to councelling x

bluetopazgirl
02-09-11, 19:16
You really need to speak to someone trained In
Counselling aswell as friends family etc it will help x

Em.ma
02-09-11, 19:32
the school doesnt have access no. the doc doesnt get how bad i am- ive shown her these posts explained etc but they dont understand x ive been on waiting list since april. for example throat hurtd now were it got scrateched yesterday buy answeet which took ages to shift- its just never ending.

Em.ma
02-09-11, 19:44
it just happemd again with white chocolate. the lower part of throat feels closed of- and hurts were it was scratched. im sorry i just cant help it

Em.ma
02-09-11, 19:50
when i eat anythimg like bread it gets stuck and hurts and i have to drink loads to shift it

Em.ma
02-09-11, 21:48
it hurts were throat was scratched only wen eating or drinking n 4 a while after. x

Em.ma
02-09-11, 21:49
it smells funny in kitchen to n water has a smell again. its humid n foggy out n moisture in air- im assuming thats causinng that

bottleblond
02-09-11, 22:00
Emma you're over analyzing again. Your throat probably hurts because your muscles tense up when you are anxious.

You need to stop disecting every little thing because you are becoming paranoid and that's not a good place to be.

Remember to distract with good things. Things that you enjoy and that comfort you like, a good chic flick, talking to your friends online ect....

It doesn't have to be like this hun but only you can change it.

:hugs:
Lisa
xx

Em.ma
03-09-11, 11:53
thank u. last night phoned friend for ages 4 distracton. ive had 14 hours sleep but im still shattered even though i sleep enough n sinuses hurt this morming and around eye feels funny n gum pain n feel extemely ill. it al seems to much.

Worried_Male
03-09-11, 13:37
thank u. last night phoned friend for ages 4 distracton. ive had 14 hours sleep but im still shattered even though i sleep enough n sinuses hurt this morming and around eye feels funny n gum pain n feel extemely ill. it al seems to much.

I'm exactly the same! Pretty sure this is anxiety related.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 16:13
i am to but i always think what if lol. gp passed away on thursday- just found out- he was only bout 30. my throat is hurtimg on the part were it got scratchef by sweet. it stsrted to hurt wen i was calm n its on the exact spot were the sweet scratched it- im terrified

Em.ma
03-09-11, 16:22
i know proberly a scratch but its right on the part it scratchrd i can feel. also after i eat it leaves a lump in bottom n some thung i eat get stuck cauwe pain and i have to run 4 a drink- had this b4 anxiety- im terrified im the next one after my gp. it was a sudden death- no one knows why- it just goes to show it happens.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 16:50
i also shake af5er no food for 4 hours. never had this b4. maybe cancer or thyroid or anemia is the issue for all the stuff like increased colds, tiredness, dizziness.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 16:51
i also shake af5er no food for 4 hours. never had this b4. maybe cancer or thyroid or anemia is the issue for all the stuff like increased colds, tiredness, dizziness. or its stress which caused this or heart issues

Em.ma
03-09-11, 17:05
i wont be ok till wednesday until i see the doc.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 17:19
im just confused- ive never had shakimg from food-allergied-never really had colds till anxiety. i want to google cancer, anemina, thyroid issues

lizzie29
03-09-11, 17:41
Hi Emma

The shakiness after not eating for 4 hours - that's just your blood sugar going low because you're hungry. I get that a lot - it's not serious, just make sure you eat little bits often, and preferably not sugary things as theyc ause your blood sugar to rise quickly and then drop. Bananas are good, or a piece of toast. I HONESTLY have had this symptom for years and it's not major, just something people get. My sister is the total opposite and can go all day without food and be fine, whereas after a couple of hours I need to eat!

If I sat here and analysed myself and my body like you do, then I could come up with the following list:

Dry, itchy eyes - I wear contact lenses and have been staring at a computer screen working for a few hours. Slightly annoying but nothing major.

Pain in hip - went for a long walk yesterday and think I've pulled a muscle slightly.

Snuffly nose - no idea, maybe a mild cold, or just sinuses or something.

Very slight headache - again, probably from having been on the computer and I probably haven't drunk enough today.

When you get symptoms, try to find a reasonable explanation for them, like I have for mine above. None of those explanations mean anything serious, I'm not going to die. If I had health anxiety thoughy, I'm sure I could find serious illnesses they relate to. If I were to google them now, I'd probably find them.

Maybe if each time you write down a symptom and what you think it could mean (e.g. i have a headache, it's a brain tumour) try writing down something else totally harmless that it could be (lack of fluid, stuffy in room, lack of fresh air, etc etc).

If you do this EVERY time you have a symptom and really look at it from a different perspective, your brain will slowly start to think "actually, maybe it is just that I need to drink some more water".

Please try it. CBT is all about replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, so if you start by doing something like this it's a really positive step forward in your recovery to make.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 18:55
i will try but i fail to understand the shakiness- ive never had it b4. i have post nasal drip, nose pain, sore to press around there, sweatimg in mornings, tiredness, increased colds, black mark on gum, gum pain, occasinal head pains, spot or mole on back of head that ive never seen but can feel, sun burnt this year. - all signs of cancer- i really do beleive i am ill. but i will write all them down. i physically cant understand the shaking- never had it b4 until a few weeks ago. never used to sweat a drop in mornings.

edit- also months ago used to urinate at night a lot when calm. im calm in mornings yet i sweat. when im anxious i dont. doesnt add up. i just know i have cancer. chams sent a letter saying i dont meet the requirments for counsellimg. basically they think its not a severe enough issue to see me. i look in the mirror and think in a few mon5hs ill be gone. whsts the point in college - i wont live to see uni in. i just want the health service to see what this is like- its like there brushing me off all the time.
also suffer mild post nstal drip someti,es in morningd . why arnt i sweating whem amxious but when calm? why did the freeaquent urinatiom happen when calm n only at night but not when im anxious now. the shaking with no food- the hurts badly to touch around nose- it does not add up.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 19:26
this is terrible to say but if i wasnt scared of death i wouldnt hesitate to commit sucide but i cant and i wont do that to my family either.

lizzie29
03-09-11, 19:28
Ok, write down the symptoms you've put above and post on here with a different explanation for each one. Even if you don't necessarily believe it at first, it doesn't matter.
I often wake up sweaty in the morning - sometimes in your sleep you cover yourself up a lot, particularly if I cover my head I find I wake up hot as all my breath has been going under the covers! A lot of people wake up sweaty and sticky, it doesn't necessarily mean you have cancer. You're very young anyway so less likely.

PLEASE try what I suggested - I'll check back here in a bit. Write down all the symptoms you have at the moment. I know it's really hard, but with anxiety the hardest thing is that only YOU can beat it. Others can help but ultimately it comes from you.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 20:09
gum pain- wisdom tooth coming through
sweating- hormones n sleep
shaking- low blood sugar
sinus pain- allergies or dampness in house same with post nasal drip
spot or mole on back of head huge one- birth mark but this is worrying the most idk
tiredness- anxiety- wearing my self out lol
urination- anxiety but idk y its stopped now

lizzie29
03-09-11, 20:15
Good! Hope you can see that there are reasonable explanations for your symptoms, but I know it's hard to convince your brain of them. The more you do it though, the easier it will get. And of all those, none of them are serious and won't kill you.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 21:00
thank you. cant think of a rationlal thougjt for the occasinoal pain ive been getting since yesterdsy were sweet scratched throat n took ages to shift.

Em.ma
03-09-11, 21:21
i also scratch n itch all the time

Em.ma
03-09-11, 21:49
its so hard to go to bed. i cant rationalise the throat. just hurt slighlt when i burped slightly- on the same place were the scratch is. just had a vision of me dying and crying saying "im scared"

Em.ma
03-09-11, 22:17
i cant help but think i damaged throat

Em.ma
03-09-11, 22:18
and im scared to sleep cause of it

suzy-sue
03-09-11, 22:23
You are just over thinking Emma Its something you do every night ..You wont die from a scratched throat ,or most of us would be dead already ..Have a warm glass of milk and go to bed .Sue :)

Em.ma
03-09-11, 22:31
very true. i notice im worse at night as im not occupied and my mind can wander more and i think more. i am going to go to bed but the black bit behind the flappy gum infromt scares me but i saw dentist a few days b4 i noticed it so im not to sure x thank you, im sorry for posting so much i need to help my self more and i know it- i just never seem to put it into practice- i stress my self out to much- i think my actual gp dying of sudden unknown causes shocked me today x

Em.ma
03-09-11, 22:47
i do have a q though- can my heart take all this stress

duke246810
04-09-11, 19:34
Emma have you heard when your going to get your councelling sessions? Maybe you could try and speak to them about it again and explain how bad your anxiety is at the moment. Your going to be fine hun :) I get all the symptoms your explaining, and by the way you post frantically one after the other it shows us that your panicking or very anxious. Im always here to chat if you want. xx

Em.ma
04-09-11, 21:07
thanks beth x wish i had my pc lol- hopefully get it back soon. i use a lot of baby powder can this cause the sinus issues- i feel ill- got pain round nose sharp pain ontop of head today n feel sick- sneeze sometimes to. well chams say i dont meet the requirements for there help and i find out more about counsellimg wen i see my gp on wednesday x. worried the moould n damp aroud front door is damaging me lol.

Em.ma
04-09-11, 21:09
also was sweating a lot today but i was calm

Em.ma
04-09-11, 21:10
feels all dusty up nose to

alix123
04-09-11, 21:27
Where are you from? x

Em.ma
04-09-11, 21:39
south england lol why x ?

i also get insanely itchy legs also just looked n ive cut one a bit by scratching n its bleeding a little dot

alix123
04-09-11, 22:08
Just wondering thought we could meet up, I was the same at your age, I'm still quite bad but when i was in late teens it was insane, think its cos its a difficult time in anyones life and anxiety just fuels the fire. Do you work out at all? I used to find going to the gym was great i was so focused on workout i didnt get time to be anxious then the endorphines it releases make you feel good. Obviously it's not a cure thats where the therapy and meds come in but it helps xxx

Em.ma
05-09-11, 18:48
thank you. no i dont work out lol. i hate being a teen
still got pains in throat and dry mouth but had 3litres to drink today.

Em.ma
05-09-11, 19:31
ive had the worst day back at college- everytime someone walks past me i hide my self. i want to drink but i cant. had 3 litres- to much can cause hemmorage- im so uncomfatable. im going to bed in about am hour im exhausted

Em.ma
05-09-11, 20:15
i dont want to be at college anymore. my heart pounds all day- my tummy had butterflies all day n i feel rubbish n ill wen i come home- my throat were it was scratched is so painful

Em.ma
05-09-11, 20:48
i keep burping to n have got flem in mouth. my friends house had fresh paint on walls n i drank out a glass there which was in same room that had been painted but i did rinse it 1st

Em.ma
26-09-11, 22:05
i didnt want to start a new thread but all this= adrenal cancer.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

lifes not worth it no more. can u develop adrenal cancer by panickimg a lot. all the stuff on the last few pages is y i think i have it.

suzy-sue
26-09-11, 22:33
Dont read it Emma ..and No you dont get cancer from Panicking .Stop reading and googling symptoms .Have an early night and I hope you have a better day tomorrow ..:yesyes: t/c Sue x

Em.ma
27-09-11, 10:38
Thank you. i feel good today jus a tummy ache cause i was a pig yesterday! lol.
thank u x

Em.ma
27-09-11, 20:58
for the last few nights ive awoken bdtween 2-3 gasping for a drink- worst dry mouth

Em.ma
01-10-11, 22:17
im so scared of cancer. i had dental check- all good but i have black gum which stimgs like hell whem brushing- n mouth hurts to brush. i cry all day. sleep all day- falling behind at college feel rubbish. cant cough wuthout intense muscle pain.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

its stinging like hell still after brushing.- its very uncomfortable.

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

part of upper gum stings to. apparently baby powder can give you cancer- i used to use lots. apparently im not bad enough for counseling n no gp will refer me 4 cbt grr. ive waited since feb for counseling twice to be told by nhs n non nhs place im not bad enough for it.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

no professional takes my anxiety seriously. how can i get better. what if this is cancer. god i just want to sleep.

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

:| i want my life back but with the thought of cancer i cant go on. theres no one to talk to about it.

Em.ma
02-10-11, 04:29
its making me scared to brush my teeth to.

Em.ma
02-10-11, 13:17
im going to book a docs app to see if its cancerous.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

i cant brush my teeth as it stings but i need to. im really scared. i want to google badly- its not even near my wisdom teeth- they cause no pain. would the dentist have picked up cancer. its not worth living anymore but im to scared of death.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

its to difficult to cope. ive spent all morning exhausted crying.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

anotger part that stings is a part were it looks like dried blood n white dots. i HATE life.