PDA

View Full Version : Hey just a small intro :)

orangemillion
30-08-11, 08:57
Hey I'd been reading these forums for a long time now and never actually made an account I finally decided to make one to try help me through my anxiety and see other peoples input as other people can also see mine.

I'm 18 and have been a sufferer from anxiety for around a year now and its really taken a toll on my life I had to quit my education and everything with it because of it. I'm trying to get my life back on track by finding a job but the worries that come when I actually start working are being to over come this I really want to work and start paying my way but the fear just comes over me of what will happen when i'm working and how will my anxiety be I sometimes sit in my room and cry thinking about what has become of my life I used to be the most confident person I knew and now a days I have trouble going to the corner shop without feeling anxious. Nobody knows what I am going through except me and my GP however people have mentioned about my change in myself. It really does get me upset when people think i'm 'lazy' or 'throwing my life away' when they don't have a clue what i'm going through as I've said i'd love to go out and get a job or stay in education but the fear is just too much. At this moment I have no source of income at all and I spend my days watching t.v, I've lost around a stone within the past two months because I just can't eat when I'm worried I don't think i've had 3 meals in one day for around a year now I'm sorry about the misuse of punctuation and paragraphs ect but i'm just typing away frantically thinking about what i'm typing so I'm hoping you can give me some advice and help me through this thanks :)

nomorepanic
30-08-11, 08:59
Hi orangemillion

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
30-08-11, 09:15
Welcome to the forum, youre not alone, thanks for sharing your story with us. x
:welcome:
Paula x

disco2195
30-08-11, 09:21
HI fella,

Don't worry your not alone with this issue. There are lots of people who have issues with going outside, travelling etc. I have been fortunate and found an excellent counselor that I have had to pay for, but nevertheless it has been excellent help.
If I were you I would talk to your family about it, just tell them hwo you feel and that you are getting help from your GP; trust me when I say you do need people around you. If they are having a hard time with it all then get them onto this site so they can read some of the information leaflets about your problem.

Chin up dude

venusbluejeans
31-08-11, 02:46
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: