PDA

View Full Version : Citolopram and sex.

richardmoores
30-08-11, 09:33
Hi. I really would like to know about people's experiences of sex in regards to taking citolopram. For me it kills the sex drive and dramatically reduces my ability to even have sex at all!

I would like to know about other people's thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

disco2195
30-08-11, 09:43
Hi Richard,

Yeap unfortunatley my sex drive was no existant on citalopram at 20mg but was in over drive with the 40mg dose?! If you have having concerns then have a chat to your GP, he may change you over to a different tablet.

richardmoores
30-08-11, 12:16
Thanks.
Yea, I think an ingridient in citolopram is bromide, the stuff they used to give soldiers to stop them thinking about sex!

I don't know why your sex drive was higher with a higher dose, that seems strange.

But everyone's different.
I've booked to see my doctor tomorrow. I want to change it to escitolopram which I've had before, because for me it doesn't have the sexual side effect, yet I've been refused before because it's more expensive than citolopram!

Anyway, I'm going tomorrow and Im simply not going to take no for an answer! I've paid my national insurance contributions all my working life and I DESERVE to have the medication which works for me!

disco2195
30-08-11, 13:23
Hi,

Well escitalopram is the converted form for Citalopram and thus has much lest side effects. However your GP is ruled by your local PCO or LHB on what decisions/medication they can provide you with; but if you make a good argument I cant see them objecting to it.

Vinitharya
01-09-11, 17:34
I noticed a temporary dive in sex drive during my 20mg phase. I've recently gone to 30mg/40mg alternate days and my sex drive has come back!!! It takes me ages to orgasm though, over an hour, but nobody's complained so far, they just think I'm a stud!!!

I can recommend Lepidium Meyenii (Maca) for men who are having Citalopram bedroom miseries. It's been tested for citalopram-induced sexual dysfunction in men only and has been found to be safe and effective. I had some the other week and I felt great, loads of energy and amazing tactile sensation with partners. Talk to your doctor BEFORE getting any, as it's a central nervous system stimulant and can make you a bit nervy, and everyone's different. Horny Goat Weed from Holland & Barrett is almost exactly the same.

I'd like to say that Citalopram has given me a second chance at living my life to the full, and I bless the people who discovered it.

Yorkman
02-09-11, 00:23
Not affected my sex drive, but I'm not getting any anyway lol!