PDA

View Full Version : Diet - food intake & weight lost

Ambers
30-08-11, 11:25
Another post from me ... I am trying to put back on a stone of weight. I know that I have asked this question before but need a bit of reassurance (again).

I am eating loads, grazing all day. Yesterday I managed to polish of a big bag and seeds, fruit and nuts, a huge bowl of raspberries/blackberries, homemade tart with cream, three bars of cereal yohurt bars, some busicuits. This does not include my meals of the day (soup/bread/veggie bake). I am still not putting on weight - infact I have lost another two pounds and I am fedup and worring like mad. This is normal for anxiety suffers isn't it? :shrug:

I am seeing a hematologists (sp) today and so worried.

Ambers
30-08-11, 12:16
Sorry Kevin - I am trying to put on weight not lose it.

Thank you for the reply anyway :)

bluetopazgirl
30-08-11, 13:40
I know stress and anxiety can be a big factor in weight loss and one of the main causes of anxiety aswell. your going through hell of alot at moment with whats been going on so wouldnt suprise me how stressed and anxious you've been, best advice to you is don't focus to much on the weight loss.. big hugs to you i know its hard xx

Cooper
27-09-11, 06:20
Nice thread.
I think dieting plays very important role when we reduce our weight.
But sometime dieting does not effect when we don't
follow our dieting routine. I think if we did exercise daily,
then it will be very useful for weight loss.

Anxious_gal
27-09-11, 06:56
I'm the same, been trying for months now to gain weight.
My problem is I lost interest in food, even when I am hungry I don't want to eat as nothing seems appealing.
I do try and buy food I know I will eat, like rice, pizza, apple tarts, cheese etc...
I only can manage one proper meal a day, but I can easily eat six or 7 croissants with butter through out the day.
I know I am not eating enough calories, I need at least 1500 to gain weight.

I would count the calories you eat for a week to see if maybe it's just not eating enough is the problem.

I do think anxiety might burn calories as we never relax and are always tense up with racing hearts lol