PDA

View Full Version : tingling - symptoms won't go away!

pAULspybeef
30-08-11, 12:36
hi all, had tingling in right calf for over 2 months now. get symptoms elsewhere but the main area of concern is the tingly/buzzing/crawling feeling in my right calf muscle. it all started with a few panicky episodes and feelings of general unease. i went to the doctors who sent me for blood tests which came back perfect. i went back again and he told me it was anxiety related. despite leading a somewhat normal life (except the daily worry) e.g. playing football, working, playing guitar etc, i always feel likle these symptoms are present. my questions are: can anxiety affect a particular part of one's body (e.g. right calf)?? Why is there no on-off switch for symptoms?? is it definately anxiety?? I worry about MS and other neurological diseases. i'd appreciate comments & replies. regards

nomorepanic
30-08-11, 12:38
Hi pAULspybeef

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

DAPHNEY1
30-08-11, 15:30
I hate that feeling. I get the tingling in my lower arms and down into my hands, it's like a cold tingly feel. It makes me feel even more stressed when I get it. Try not to worry. It is a horrible feeling, but just try to accept it as the more stressed you get about it sometimes it makes it worse. I hope you feel better soon.

eternally optimistic
30-08-11, 16:06
Hi

I just posted a thread and I mentioned this, think it is what I get - it frightens me massively.

I am usually really hot with it, and I call it the "rush" - it is always in my arms and I feel very weak with it.

Although horrible, it will go and you will still be OK after it.

Take lots of care - hope you feel better soon.

ryann
30-08-11, 16:41
i feel like this all the time my legs go cold and im constantly worried i have some sort of disease or infection.. i think my mind is playing tricks on me but im scared, wishing u all the best and a speedy recovery. - ryan

pAULspybeef
30-08-11, 17:38
thanks for the comments guys. do you get seemingly constant physical symptoms too?

Gemma T
30-08-11, 17:42
Welcome Paul!

Trust me anxiety is programmed to last. Especially if your anxious.

If you worry you will get a headache you will sure as hell get one. If you worry its a brain tumour I gurantee youll have the same headache for weeks.

Its not easy to accept but try to and then start to ignore it. It will go away when you stop caring.

Love Gem x x x

venusbluejeans
31-08-11, 02:48
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

paulhem
31-08-11, 12:21
Arms and legs tingles - all the time and for many many years.

Its caused by nervous tension and stress,

Over time you will learn to ignore it but until then the best thing to do is exercise. A long brisk walk is good. If you can run - do that. If your scared to go out , press ups or sit ups or even dance to your fave music.

Sounds crazy i know but will all make sense after a while.

You have to let the stress out or stop getting stressed. Stress is like a kettle of water gaining heat - when it reaches boiling point it lets off a load of steam.

So turn off the heat or let out the steam.

M155anthr0p3
31-08-11, 12:36
I used to get this in my left foot and leg..& I still get it in my left arm. It probably gets worse when you concentrate on it right?
I am not going to die from a heart attack - it is just anxiety.

pAULspybeef
31-08-11, 15:41
thanks everyone, all makes sense...will keep focusing on other things!