PDA

View Full Version : Severely aching left arm... from leaning on elbow?

VioletWings
30-08-11, 14:28
Hi all,

I know this is one of the most common things posted on here and I've experienced arm pains enough to know they are a classic anxiety symptom. What I'm experiencing this time though is more of an intense aching in my upper left arm and shoulder. It seemed to come on when I was on the benefits claim line -granted this was a REALLY long phone call and I thought I must've been resting my arm in a strange position for too long.
I felt the need to stretch it out when I was on the phone and then when I got off the phone it became more painful and intense. I worked myself into a bit of a panic worrying at what it could be, and then realised I hadn't took my meds yet today (which I just did!)
Does it sound like this is just muscle/nerve related or even anxiety?

Any advice appreciated!

Gemma T
30-08-11, 18:01
Sounds like muscle to me. Your arm was probably tense from the phone call. You stretching it out has probably added to this.

Kind of like when you have an injection and if you tense your arm it kills after. You wouldnt get this if you were relaxed.

You'll be fine x x x

AngelKah2
31-08-11, 03:16
Yes, I get this too. And in my right arm. I get muscle aches and weakness all over at times. I have to calm myself down and ask myself what I was just doing or thinking about that gets me so worked up. There is a lot coming up within the next month and I am stressing, stressing. I am tense a lot.
So yes, I can relate. :D Feel better soon, friend.