PDA

View Full Version : Not a good day . . . .

eternally optimistic
30-08-11, 16:02
Today, my last day off work before I went back afer having a week off, I was supposed to go with my other half to take my daughter and her friends out for a "jolly".

I was very tired yesterday, all day, and this morning I had the horrible rush running through my arms and felt very very weak. I also had a terrible head ache running through the back of my head - I felt sick, I felt pathetic . . . .

I couldnt face the journey, going all that way, feeling like this :mad:

I was really scared - I hate the way this makes me feel - I hate the feelings running through my veins, literally - it is so horrible.

I am on citalopram, have been since Christmas, 20mg and it hasnt helped me with this moment.

I guess I want answers as to why I am like this, I have many answers which I think have made me like it - but that doesnt help.

If anyone gets the "rushes", thats the only way I can describe it as, then i would love to know how you overcome it.

I am exhausted now and just want to sleep and shut down.

Thanks for reading the post.

Carrera74
30-08-11, 16:11
Sorry to hear you're not feeling great.

I get that awful rush sensation too but it's dampened down now as I'm on propranolol. It really does wipe you out doesn't it :S It's the adrenaline doing the fight or flight. It's a bugger. I don't really have any answers for you but if the citalopram isn't helping maybe it's time to try something else? I had these awful feelings/sensations for months before it took it's toll on me and I ended up really run down and went for the betablockers and am on a waiting list for CBT.

Just a thought. You might just be a bit run down or coming down with something so don't be too hard on yourself. Have a nice hot bath and an early night and see how you feel in the morning x