PDA

View Full Version : feeling washed out and exhausted....

Butterfly22
30-08-11, 18:47
Everyday Im feeling washed out and exhausted, is this part of anxiety/depression or is it medication?

When I say washed out, its like feeling run down, exhausted, just as if you are recovering from an illness like a cold or flu but you know its not that.

trish1955
30-08-11, 23:45
yeah i get this to i always feel like i am suffering from a virus you feel so wore out you cant keep on top of everyday things then that gets you down so u feel even worse take care lv trish

debs71
30-08-11, 23:45
Hi Butterfly,

I would say it is a bit of both to be honest.

The meds DO make you feel exhausted and sleepy because of the serotonin levels increasing in the brain. When I first started them I could literally sleep all day long, and when I was awake, just felt like sleeping again, really heavy headed and fatigued.

But then again, anxiety and more so, depression makes you feel like that too. When I was in the height of my depression I would stay in bed all day long and when I got up to try to do something, like going for a shower, I would feel like I had run a marathon or something afterwards. Just completely washed out and drained. I remember thinking that I must have something wrong with my heart, as every time I did something that really wasn't very strenuous - like go downstairs for a cup of tea, and bring it back upstairs - I felt wiped out and exhausted, but it really is just the meds/depression/anxiety.

The good thing is that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once the meds have fully kicked in that should lighten up a bit as your body gets used to the meds and the meds start to tackle the anxiety/depression.

It will get better for you hun I am sure.xxx:hugs:

Butterfly22
31-08-11, 07:48
Thank you both for your reassuring comments, my doctor keeps saying "youll feel better soon, I promise" lol.