PDA

View Full Version : Crashed. Quite badly.

psb
30-08-11, 19:30
Okay so nine weeks in feeling happier. Then all of a sudden no particular reason at all (okay the clutch on my car went. Not a huge issue.), just crashed out .
Felt as bad as ever, but with the medications side effects too.
Anyway reverted to my old ways and had a few beers (stupid, stupid thing to do i know) and feel even worse now.
Did tell the doctor about the beer, she was disappointed. Did mention about the down period. She said it was normal, but suggested i upped my dosage to 40mg.
Not sure i really want to go to that level yet.
From their past experiences. I would be interested to know how other members have coped. Should i just trust the medication? Is this just a setback exacerbated by alcohol ? Or was the setback possibly a sign maybe that the dosage needs upping.
I do feel foolish regarding the beer, but a complete embargo on booze is hard to enforce personally.I do have to see friends occasionally.

Thanks again for your time and patience,

Send Word,
Peter

paula lynne
30-08-11, 19:52
I think you were down, and reached for the old booze.....which made everything 100 times worse. I abused alcohol when I was first diagnosed with panic and anxiety, because I though the doctors lied to me and I had some terrible, incurible disease......pick yourself up, and start again. Glad you werent too badly hurt. Get well soon.
Paula x

psb
31-08-11, 09:12
Thanks for the kind words Paula.
I suppose it is that self explanatory.
There really wasn't a valid reason for posting a whole thread and wasting peoples time.
Reading Psychopoets Guide again should help at times like this.

Thanks again for the time,

Peter

Elen
31-08-11, 09:37
Hey PSB no apologies necessary think that we have all found ourselves needing re-assurance that what we are experiencing is "just a blip" and that we will get over it, I know that I certainly have.

I have found Psychopoets Guide to be a huge help to accepting what is happening rather than trying to blame myself.

You sound as though you have the right attitude so I am confident that all will be better soon.

All the best

Elen

cathycrumble
31-08-11, 10:22
I am on 40 mg of citalopram and been taking them for 8 weeks and was on 30 for 2 weeks and 20 for one week. I am totaly awful I can't begin to explain how I am feeling I just cant give myself positive thoughts now my doctor gave me chlorpromazine which after ringing the crisis team at 3am as i couldnt sleep and was having panic attacks. he told me to take one which I did but I had took valium in the day. so was worried but he said it would be ok well I woke at 7am and the fear and adreilin that rushed through my body was horendours and I was shaking and my hear was beating fast the back of my neck is burning, i am so tense. I have just took another one as need so much to relax they are 25mg. I am going GPs and 11. I am a total wreck and feel thy may put me in hospital and I am soo worried about my grown up kids seeing me like this can anyone help me please.

Cathy xx

psb
31-08-11, 11:24
Hi Cathy,
Sounds like things aint too good at the moment.
Makes my situation look like a walk in the park to be honest !!
Can't really offer you any advice i'm afraid to say.
There are a lot of good honest professionals in the Health Service. Who do want to help.
Apart from that hang in there. I'm sure that things will improve for you.
Hope you are better soon.

Send Word,
Peter

cathycrumble
31-08-11, 11:39
Thanks psb

I have just been gp and she's lovely I told her I had alcahol on fri sat and sunday which she said was very wrong so I am off the booze from now on. She said just take my meds and think about doing some thing to keep you busy ie painting dancing and be kind to yourself as she said I have been thruough a lot last year one prob was I lost my job so being at home is awfull. I am going to get up and start busying myself more maybe swim but just not sit watching tv it don't help. but thanks for your concern

Cathy xx

hyg
31-08-11, 12:30
Hi all,
Yup Ive had bad coupla days also. upped meds to 20mg 5 days ago and feel terrible. in addition to baseline symptoms Im now getting achy pains all up my back and a runners stitch like feeling around tummy. Had to drive two long journeys over bank holiday to see a family members new baby which s hould have been a happy time but just felt could nt cope. Got lost twice on motorways as could concentrate properly and felt sick-feel more anxious than ever. Im seeing gp tonight for follow up see what he suggests. i have been having the odd glass of wine also some evenings when I wanted to chill down-which helped for a while-I think this is my first proper blip.
At least I can offload on here.

Love to you all