PDA

View Full Version : shopping places

fed up with it
13-05-06, 13:23
Hi just wondering i know the lights pobably make me feel like this but what else could, i went into ikea and i dont like it because its so big and not easy to come out of if i feel bad, but i get weak/dizzy feeling and a horrible feeling inside but doesnt feel like panic. just very unwell in a strange sense, is it the same thing a panic situation making feel so bad.

c.lambert

Wenjoy
13-05-06, 14:09
HIya
Yes I know what you mean - I so know what you mean - I cant go in any shop unless I can see a clear exit - supermarkets are scary as they are huge and its a long way to go to walk out if a panic starts but at least you can leave whereas Ikea you have to go round a certain way which makes me feel trapped!!
Wherever I go I have to see the exit eg sit at the end of a row in the cinema near an exit etc.

I have lived with this for a long time and like you - I hate it but just try to live through it
Hang on in there and e mail me anytime - Wenjoy

Daisybun
13-05-06, 14:43
The lights in these shops can do funny things to your eyes too that can make you feel funny, they are not natural light and that can affect you. i got worse vertigo in shops when they had 'strip' lighting

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

scoobygirl2005
13-05-06, 14:54
Hi.

I know what you mean. You probably feel very enclosed don't you? I would say its the same thing as a panic attack. Am I right in saying that you feel enclosed? Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
x x

fed up with it
13-05-06, 15:35
Yes scooby, must be the fact the the bigger the store the more enclosed you feel, even with out relising it. i have had panic/dizzy spells in shops and this seems to be the result. I think with ikea like the previous replies said its not easy to get out off, even though i did not think that, but we must in the back of our minds. I am sure it does have a lot to do with the lighting in these large stores.

c.lambert

joolsukuk
13-05-06, 16:24
hi
i totally agree i used to love ikea now it just seems like a giant maze!! im the same with all big stores especially in store where you go up and up and up in escallators arghhh!!

jools xx

giddy
13-05-06, 17:51
Hi - I was due to go to ikea in the half term holiday, but decided against it!! I think its the size, lack of exits and the vast amount of people. I go to Warrington and its always crammed full of people!
Love Helen

fizz
18-05-06, 22:47
Know what you mean about ikea,i cant go in now with our store its like once your in you have to stay in until you come to the exit,scarey
joanne