PDA

View Full Version : Is it serious

katiep
30-08-11, 22:11
This is a question i have thought of many times when im really anxious and wonder if im kidding myself.. let me see what you all think.
when i feel rubbish and have symptoms, like now i have breathing issues n worry im going to have a heart attack, i tell myself as it comes and goes it must be anxiety and cant be anything else.... last month i thought i had ovarian cancer as i had bad tummy [ i have ibs] but couldnt think of anything other than ovarian cancer, but again told myself it could not be that as it would not come and go.
am i kidding myself or if it was something serious like a cancer or heart disease it would be there consistently not one day there and gone next.
hope this makes sense

IndianStar
30-08-11, 22:16
Well apparently Cancer doesn't really give you any pain until the like last moment and trust me you would know about it, but thats because you would be on some sort of medication.

Hmm I just sounded a bit off there but I do not mean it like that at all.

I suffer from HA sometimes too I just tell myself its nothing and if it was really serious it would be there everyday and my family would realise and would do something about it even if I couldn't see it xxx

ronski
31-08-11, 17:36
Katiep
What you describe is about right for any health anxiety sufferer including me. The breathing issues and the feeling that a heart attack is imminent I get nearly everyday but I have read that Hyperventilatory breathing can make you feel like that because of physiological changes in your blood.
I absolutely hate the feeling as it is really a horrendous sensation that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy