PDA

View Full Version : Breathe in breathe out..

madeuprolemodel
30-08-11, 23:37
Someone HELP! i am losing my mind and think something is seriously wrong...

I am having terrible problems with breathing and have done for the last 3 weeks now i know this is a common symptom of anxiety but i really don't think mine is....

i feel like i can't complete a breathe or catch my breathe its horrible.. sometimes when i yawn instead of being able to complete a full yawn a burp comes out instead...

this gets worse after i eat also...

Is it asthama?

Gemma T
30-08-11, 23:40
The problem with people with health anx is that we all believe our symptoms are the real thing and not just anx. Anx also reaks havoc with the digestive system so please bare this in mind.

I'm sure ur healthy and its ur bodies way of a cruel joke x x x

katiep
31-08-11, 00:00
Hi, anxiety is a bully and likes nothing better than scaring us which is how it gets its power.
Regarding your symptoms, and im honestly telling you truth, i have the exact same as you right down to the yawning.
for the last few weeks i have been very anxious and have noticed my breathing was a bit funny, i felt a tightness in my throat and thought i was choking but i found taking a little sip of water helped me catch my breath, for a few days it was there most of the time but then i was thinking bout it, was really busy a couple of days and wasnt there at all, so reading so many similar stories with same feelings etc i know it defo must be that and just hoping it goes soon.. hope you feel better soon too

madeuprolemodel
31-08-11, 00:01
Why does it feel like my lungs are pushing against my rib cage :( when i take a full breathe

madeuprolemodel
31-08-11, 00:02
Thanks guys! I was just worried because it happened for so long! :(

Katie does it happen with you also after eating a big meal?

katiep
31-08-11, 01:00
Yes it definately does, i even had waht i can only describe as feeling a pressure right across my upper chest between your throat area and your bust, i sit there scared to move at times incase i pass out as cant catch my breath but if i can find a way to take my mind of it i stop noticing it, try to keep thinking that you have had it a few weeks and nothing has happened to u, so its anxiety...once it doesnt worry us it will go!

the reason it feels like your lungs are against your ribs is because your holding yourself so tense which makes all feelings more noticible.