PDA

View Full Version : She wants to go out

welchy
10-04-04, 14:26
Oh no my girlfriend wants me to take her shopping i hate. When I go by myself its ok i can leave a shop when it gets to much, but she wants to spend hours in the same shop trying things on. I cant stand it I'm panicking just thinking about it. Speak to you all later.

Welchy x

nomorepanic
10-04-04, 15:24
Have you explained to your friend that you don't like to hang-around too long in shops cos it makes you anxious. Would she understand that?

It will be great therapy for you to try it but if it makes you too poorly then you should tell her that you need to move on to the next shop.

You could take a bottle of water with you and take some rescue remedy in it for some extra help. Sipping that will ease the anxiety.

Good luck.

Nicola

red
11-04-04, 11:39
Hi Welchy - hvae you been shopping yet? If so, how did it go? As Nic said said, it will be great therapy for you and I'm sure you will manage it better than anticipated - the waiting for it to happen is the worse bit, so try some distraction techniques and think about something else rather than the 'event' before you go.

Good luck with it - we will all think about you.

Red
x

Buby
11-04-04, 13:46
hi Welchy,

like red says,if u set uremind on other things while ure in the shop then ull get through it. tell her u want to stand outside the shop for a few minutes and wen u can go back inside drink some water and have some rescue remedy and ull b totally fine!!

hugs Rachel xx

stimpy
13-04-04, 12:37
Oh Welchy, you don't half sound like my husband ! - lol

He can do shops, as long as there are conditions, no kids, no messing about, get what you want and come out ...

Explain to your friend that you have problems with the whole shopping thing, and that from time to time you would prefer to wait outside.
Take a small bottle of water and a mag with you when you go out, then as Rach says, if it gets too much you can stand outside, get your head together and have a few sips of water, and a quick read to give you something else to think about while you are waiting.

Good Luck!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'