PDA

View Full Version : Periods!!!

anxietyoverload
31-08-11, 13:08
Hey!! Back again! Im kind of completely freaking out so I wondered if any of you lovely ladies could help me :)
Here's my story...
I started my periods at 17 almost 18 and I always had trouble with them at the start but they have been fine for ages! I'm 20 now, and they have always been 7 days long, but for the past 2 months they have been 6 days, but a week after my last period I had some brown/pink discharge, that was a one off I think, maybe just left overs sorry tmi! I'm on my period now and this is the 7th day, yesterday and today it's been just the kind of end? Where Its just funny coloured discharge,
Has any one else had there period vary in days? Like 6 days then a few months later back to 7? Please help, think I'm more worried cause of the discharge from last month, I don't want cancer :( xx

Liliana83
31-08-11, 17:05
Relax...don't assume you have cancer. Every woman varies..I use to have long periods like you..but not anymore. I'm not sure what caused my cycles to change but now mine lasts only like 3 or 4 days. The brown discharge towards the end of cycles is normal...pink too.

swgrl09
31-08-11, 19:18
This is normal. I actually went on a birth control pill to regulate mine because it would always fluctuate, and sometimes even stop and then come back a day later. It would range from 5-7 days. Being on the pill helped me a lot though with regulating it, which might not be a bad idea to just put your mind at ease! Also made mine only last about 4 days and be much less painful.

Hazel B
31-08-11, 21:31
This sounds normal to me. You can book a smear test if you want full reassurance.