PDA

View Full Version : Should my hubby feel like this ?

wenlast
31-08-11, 13:51
My husband has for a number of years suffered from depression and anxiety, he takes clomipramine 2 x 75mg.
each morning up to mid afternoon he feels awful, hardly any energy and does not seem interested in things also tired.

Is this part of the depression etc thats affecting him ? he feels much better at tea time..

ElizabethJane
31-08-11, 15:15
Dear Wenlast low mood and feelings of anxiety and dread are classic symptoms of depression. These can be characteristically worse in the morning. Is he working at the moment? I think it can be a lot worse if you have to get up and go to work. Lying in bed does not help me either. A change of meds might help. I have found that an increase of meds has helped me with this early morning feeling. I also try to prepare the night before like doing the ironing and making the packed lunches. I always only listen to radio three in the morning so that I can avoid listening to the news. If your husband is off sick try to encourage him to do his jobs/chores in the afternoon when he is feeling a little better. EJ.

kibbutz83
31-08-11, 15:47
Hi wenlast, it sounds like it's probably his reaction to the meds... I've had similar experiences on certain meds, and find it very depressing in itself. I was under the impression that the meds were supposed to make us feel better not worse. Has he talked to his psychiatrist about changing to a different med?

wenlast
31-08-11, 17:50
Dear Wenlast low mood and feelings of anxiety and dread are classic symptoms of depression. These can be characteristically worse in the morning. Is he working at the moment? I think it can be a lot worse if you have to get up and go to work. Lying in bed does not help me either. A change of meds might help. I have found that an increase of meds has helped me with this early morning feeling. I also try to prepare the night before like doing the ironing and making the packed lunches. I always only listen to radio three in the morning so that I can avoid listening to the news. If your husband is off sick try to encourage him to do his jobs/chores in the afternoon when he is feeling a little better. EJ.

My husband is retired and is 74 but whether it is the meds we don't know,
he will have to ask the doc

wenlast
31-08-11, 17:51
Hi wenlast, it sounds like it's probably his reaction to the meds... I've had similar experiences on certain meds, and find it very depressing in itself. I was under the impression that the meds were supposed to make us feel better not worse. Has he talked to his psychiatrist about changing to a different med?

He has never seen a psychiatrist only the doc. but he could askj about the meds. he is on clompramine at the moment.

ElizabethJane
31-08-11, 18:16
My husband is retired and is 74 but whether it is the meds we don't know,
he will have to ask the doc
Hi again it is a well know fact about depression that it is often worse in the morning. I have suffered like this in the past. I hope that you manage to find a way of resolving your husbands depression. I know how miserable and isolating it can be. I hope he feels better soon. EJ

evil monkey
31-08-11, 20:25
possible if he is having a sugary snack in the morning his sugar (energy) level will dive as well.