PDA

View Full Version : Kalms - do they work?

Wenjoy
13-05-06, 18:16
Hiya
I have been trying to find a herbal remedy that will work with keeping my calm and preventing bad PAs. Have tried Valerian which made me feel really sick even tho I stuck to the guidelines on the bottle. Have tried Natracalm too which is passiflora and that doesnt do much. Have today bought a bottle of Kalms - any advice on whens best time to take it and how long does it take to work?? Ta. Wenjoy

Shaz
13-05-06, 20:54
Hi Wenjoy,
I've tried natracalms and have found them helpful in claming me down for important events suhas exams. I take them according to the instructions on the box and start to take them at the start of the day. I don't rely on them and I don't think they would stop me having a pa, but they do calm me down. They seem to have a mild effect within 30mins. for me.
Have you tried Bach Rescue Remedy drops? They are also very good at taking the edge off.

I hope this helps.

Take care

Shaz

What cannot be fitted into your day, cannot be done - forget about it!

Daisybun
13-05-06, 22:46
I've been taking Kalms too and i find they help to take the edge off things, I'm sleeping much better which helps. they do have valerian in them though
I also use rescue remedy and an aromatherapy blend for anxiety which i burn and that has helped too

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Wenjoy
14-05-06, 06:56
Thanks for your helpful advice.
Will try the Kalms this week and see if it helps.
Stay sane!!
Love Wenjoy

trevor
14-05-06, 12:01
hi wendy,

they work for me,,

they most certainatly take the edge of things i only take 1 three times a day but if i am perticulary stressed i take 2,,

so yes they work,,,

trevor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

clarissa
29-05-06, 19:57
they made me very hyperactive! So do be careful. I use AVENA SATIVA COMP tincture from health shop ( Bioforce), it is superb - if I have a panic in the night 10 drops in a little water - hold it in my mouth and swallow slowly....... and I seem to calm right down and go to sleep - suffer from night terrors / panic attacks, and during the day I always take water with me with about 30-40 drops in and just take small mouthfulls throughout - could not do without it now!:)

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

trevor
29-05-06, 23:35
hi clarissa ,,

??????????not sure how they made you hypo????they are designed to calm you and your nerves??

they work for me,,

trevor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

samwich0
18-12-06, 15:02
hi i have been taking Kalms now for 2 days and they dont seem to be workin, can someone help i have my driving test this wednesday (2 days away) and i am so nervous i have been crying myself to sleep even thinking about it, people have told me to relax but it just dont work, does anyone know anything else that can help? i have been told to use some herbal relaxing oils in my bath the morning before my test what do you think? i have 2 kids (young ones) so its hard not to get stressed anyway, plus i have the stress of work and college, but this driving test is the most nervous thing ever... please someone help i REALLY DONT WANT TO FAIL ... i cant pyschically afford to pay out for it again. HELP HELP HELP

s.warren

Ma Larkin
18-12-06, 16:25
I take Quiet Life pills. I got them from Asda supermarket (£3.50 for 100 tablets). You take 2 twice a day with or after food and 3 at bed time. They are absolutely brilliant. I've tried Kalms and they didn't work for me either. Quiet Life work within half an hour and I really feel the benefit.

Good luck with the test.

Les, xx

jo61
18-12-06, 16:26
Interesting Les, my mother used to swear by quiet lives. think I'll get some. The last time I took them was the night before my wedding, many many moons ago!

Jo x

unicron
27-12-06, 22:40
You can get Beta Blockers from your GP which can take away the physical symptoms of anxiety, but not the thoughts.

You will probably find that driving will be fine, as you will be occupying your mind.

jo61
27-12-06, 23:42
beta blockers work for some but not for everyone. I took them for a while but the dose was too high and they made me very depressed.

Jo

Crunch
17-04-07, 15:42
HI
does anyone know if Kalms/ Valerian and or quiet lives pills interact and affect oral contraceptives (the pill) like St Jons wort does?
i tried Kalms and found them brilliant! - think it was the placebo effect but friend said they can interfere with the pill - i cant find evidence on thsi - does anyone know if this is true?

nomorepanic
17-04-07, 19:22
Hi

No kalms won't interfere with contraception but yes St. John's wort does.

craiglc36
04-09-07, 18:58
Hi. I was wondering if I can take Kalms while taking Diazepam ?
I only take one 2mg tablet per day .
Would it be ok to take few Kalms during the day also ?

CliveL
04-09-07, 22:45
After reading this post I went out and bought Quiet Life from ASDA, they have gone up 8p, they do seem to work. Does anyone know if they are ok with Citalopram, I can't find any mention on google?

jo61
05-09-07, 08:44
It's fine to take them with diazepam - i often have. Not sure about their effects on citalopram as I've never been on it but I have had no problems taking them with (many) other antidepressants. If you're worried, maybe you could ask your chemist?

KrazyKaz07
05-09-07, 16:42
Hiya,

I have been taking Kalms for the last few months and have found that they work for me. Just like a few people have said in this thread, they do seem to take the edge off :) . I take two in the morning, afternoon and evening. I still have the odd panicky moment like this morning at the dentist but I guess that's to be expected with me lol.

XxxX