PDA

View Full Version : Something on floor of mouth??? Advice please!!!

swgrl09
31-08-11, 15:23
Hi, I have noticed something on the floor of my mouth under my tongue. It is kind of like a wrinkle almost. I know that there is the big kind of flap of tissue down there on both sides, but on one side there seems to be like an "extra wrinkle" ... LOL i know this sounds weird/crazy. I actually don't know how long it has been there, but I may have never paid attention to it until now. It doesn't hurt and is soft, appears to be the same color as the wrest of my mouth but is just an extra small raised line/wrinkle. I just am worried because it is not symmetrical to the other side, and I have heard oral cancer can be a line, painless, etc. Looks a little lighter than the rest but could just be because it is raised up. I am trying so hard not to google!!!

I have a dentist appt in a month, but not sure I can handle being anxious about it for that long.

bronte
31-08-11, 19:50
hi our bobies are not symetrical in any way shape or form you take a good look at your face not every crease will be identicle to the other side and that goes for the rest of our body from top to toe neither is the floor of my mouth symetricle so dont worry

mingsy
31-08-11, 20:35
Hi
Don't worry every thing sounds fine, under your tongue either side of your mid line there is a salivary gland, and no they aren't usually the same size.
( I worked in dentistry for 18 yrs )

swgrl09
01-09-11, 12:59
Thank you! These things normally didn't bother me until this health anxiety got bad the past year and a half. I am probably noticing things that have been there forever and just didn't worry about before. Thanks again :)