PDA

View Full Version : can i just stop taking diazepam?

mark83
31-08-11, 16:49
im on propranolol and citalopram aswell but i only have one 2mg diazepam tablet left till i see my doc again on monday (5th) will i be ok or will i have bad withdrawel? i take 2mg 3 times ady for the last 3/4 weeks :/

mark83
01-09-11, 04:27
37 views and not one reply thanx guys :/

cathycrumble
01-09-11, 11:03
Hi Mark

I don't think you will as you only been taking them 3 weeks and the propanalol will help with any panic you may feel. I do think if you have been taking them longer you would have withdrawal. I have taken them for 3 weeks and stopped. Hope this helps?

Cathy xx

london
01-09-11, 12:01
dont just stopthem cut them down first do it slow your be fine
god bless

cathycrumble
01-09-11, 12:06
dont just stopthem cut them down first do it slow your be fine
god bless
He hasn't got any left til he sees doc on monday that's why he has come on here to ask advice

Cathy x

eight days a week
01-09-11, 15:42
I think you could very well be completely OK, or you might just feel uncomfortable and jittery but it could worse than that.

I wouldn't wait and see myself - see your doctor quicker, and if you can't try to see another doctor at the same practice. Actually before seeing another doctor (assuming your doctor isn't away) I'd probably phone and speak to the practice staff, explain, and ask for an urgent message to be passed on to my doctor requesting enough tablets to see me through until the appointment day.

I've also used the out-of-hours emergency doctor service before to get a temporary prescription.

Best of luck :)

mark83
01-09-11, 15:59
thank you for the replys, i did what you said and got 12 more to do me till i see the doc again, but just to add to it all iv been having mild chest pains for the last 3 or 4 days nothing to cry about but its playing on my mind is this a normal anxiety thing i read on here it was but id rather hear it from somebody going thru the same thing, just want my life back :/ thanx again for the replys x

eight days a week
01-09-11, 17:18
(Again I think) it could be due to anxiety, but if you're worried go ahead and get it checked out for your peace of mind, and I'd definitely mention it to your doc on Monday.

Really glad you got the tablets sorted out :)

pierre252
26-06-15, 19:15
im on propranolol and citalopram aswell but i only have one 2mg diazepam tablet left till i see my doc again on monday (5th) will i be ok or will i have bad withdrawel? i take 2mg 3 times ady for the last 3/4 weeks :/

no mate, you should feel a thing, you'll be fine. just don't take dazzis for much longer cos once you develop a tolerance it is not nice to come off. believe me...

Davit
26-06-15, 19:38
This is something hard to give advice for because of how benzo's work.
The amount of anxiety you have dictates your dose, the amount you still have dictates your side effects when you quit. Some people can't quit. Benzo's are also muscle relaxants and work quite well for that.