PDA

View Full Version : Assurance needed asap re my Heart obsession

JulieJay92
31-08-11, 19:45
I was sitting here listing to the radio after dinner - not doing anything in particular

All of a sudden i felt like i couldnt breathe and had an awful pain that shot from my left shoulder, under my arm and right down to my finger tips. My face has gone tingly again along with toothache type pain and it feels like someone in poking my right shoulder

my left arm now feels very stange like someone is zapping it with electric and i can breathe ok i think - just seems a bit harder

My husband keeps reassuring me if it was my heart i wouldnt have been able to get up to get a drink of water and go to the toilet

this was 30 mins ago and imy brain will not function to look up my old posts :(

I know in the past i have had similar feelings and symptoms and have been on many times but i just needed reassurance please

ronski
31-08-11, 20:53
That feeling that is a bolt from the blue that you cannot breath is definitely anxiety. I get that quite often with other breathing issues and I always think is it my heart. But I know I have a cardiac neurosis so I just ignore the thought and things get better fairly quickly.
If you constantly put every chest or breathing issue to heart issues you will never get better.
Get the doctor to check you out and then forget it, when the sensations comes on say to yourself it's an anxiety attack, monitor it and then take a deep breath, smile and let it go.
Do not keep putting the word heart into your worries.

JulieJay92
31-08-11, 21:00
cheers ronski - i will try

joeybabes
31-08-11, 21:23
hey hun i have the same obsession and the same pains but i have learnt to breathe deeply sit in a quiet room and just tell the pains to go away as daft as it sounds i think it works. xxx