PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

dorothy1983
31-08-11, 20:09
Just a short message to introduce myself. I am a 27 year old mum of three, and a third (and final!!) year student midwife, who is suffering from panic disorder and agoraphobia.

I had suffered with panic attacks throughout highschool, but seemed to have been panic free for the last few years, until all of a sudden, they struck again out of the blue after what has been a very difficult couple of years.
Instead of doing what I KNOW I should have done and fought back against them, I instead let them take over a little bit, and agoraphobia developed. I couldnt even go into my garden at one point, but have now improved enough to be able to go within about 5 mins of home, but that is about it. That means I have had to step off my midwifery course with less than 4 months to go, and have had a three pretty miserable kids over the 6 weeks hols who have been mostly stuck in.
Now the kids are due back, I am going to use the time they are in school to gradually push myself further and further so I can get over this and get back to leading a normal life once again.

I have been a lurker on here for the past couple of months, and can relate to so many peoples stories, so thought I would take the plunge and sign up.

:flowers:

nomorepanic
31-08-11, 20:13
Hi dorothy1983

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Deepest Blue
31-08-11, 20:29
Hi Dorothy, welcome to the forum, I hope you find the forum both beneficial and helpful as it has done to many of us.

Hope you're having a nice evening :)

Take Care

venusbluejeans
02-09-11, 00:24
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: