PDA

View Full Version : I want to get off this rollercoaster :(

haziefantasie
31-08-11, 21:06
Im so sick of my mood going up & down all the time, I dont know how much more I can take. I can go from feeling ok to being suicidal in seconds, with no warning. I just realised its september tomorrow & summer has gone, with nothing for me to look forward to. Ive spent the whole summer crying, in fact all of spring & winter aswell. On new years day I was so glad 2010 was over as it was the year from hell, & yet so far this year has been even worse. My life is a mess, I fail at everything & I just let everyone walk all over me. I want to just give up, whats the point in being happy when I just become miserable again so quickly? My counsellor told me to think what Id say to a friend if they said the same things but Id honestly tell them theyd already wasted too much time crying & to sort themselves out so that really isnt helping.

Ive been thinking for weeks whether to go back to my doctor & increase my medication (Ive been on 20mg citalopram for approx 8 weeks) but Ive recently started a new job & I dont think theyd be very understanding if I need time off due to any side effects. Noone at work knows about my mental health issues so Ive been plastering on a happy face so far but I cant pretend for much longer :weep:

Im sorry for moaning, I know people are going through much worse than me but I just feel so fed up & dont know what to do x

tinkerbelle84
31-08-11, 21:29
Hi i read your post and just wanted to offer a sympathetic ear.....I can relate to whqt u have written.just last night I was saying to my dad I want to also get off this roller coaster.

What triggered this episode of depression off for you?

Mine is terrible at the mo,I feel like ill never be carefree again.

Hope we can support each other through this x x

haziefantasie
01-09-11, 08:30
Hi hun

It was triggered off when I split with my fiance of 6 years last summer, was in a lot of debt & had to move house. Ive since been in a few short term relationships, one of which lasted 6 months & was abusive, & my self esteem has taken a major battering each time! I absolutely hate myself right now which Im really struggling to cope with.

Im sorry that you feel the same way but its always good to know other people understand :hugs: