PDA

View Full Version : Help panic attacks and pregnant!!!!!!

Annabelry
13-05-06, 22:43
Its my first time on here to post, but im currently 33 weeks pregnant with panic attacks that seem to be getting worse over the last five months. Ive had them before and took Seroxat to get rid of them and they stayed away for over two years after that.
I am desperately trying not to take anything this time because it worries me more that i may harm the baby and i couldnt bear that. Its awful to constantly live with this fear, im also worried it will get worse after the baby is here especially with post natal depression.
i guess im just looking for some support and words of encouragement really that i dont need this medication and can get through this. i am trying my best to be strong but sometimes it feels so hard. my gp prescribed prozac but im sure this cant be good in pregnancy, let alone not -i hate the side effects of this medication!

Has anyone else had this feeling when pregnant?? Do u think pregnancy my make the atacks worse? Also i dont know how i will cop in labour feeling this way and im sure the attacks will just become awful then!! Any suggestions??

Annabel

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 14:00
hi there hun,
you will be fine you are almost at the end of your pregnacy! and youve got this far ..try to wait till youve had baby then if you feel you need meds go on then, if your doc prescibed meds while preg it must be ok but i understand your worries i would be the same... i have had two children, dont worry about post natal dep i bet you will be on such a high when that bundle of joy comes...we all worry when preg! its part of becoming a mum!!! and yes you will cope in labour believe me you wont have time to think about panic attacks youll be excited about meeting your baby....good lick and please let me know what you have and how it went...xxxxx

jools xx

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 14:01
sorry meant good luck(not lick) xxxxx

jools xx

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 15:04
Hi hunni.

Try not to worry, you have done so well coming this far already! Have you spoken to your doctor about how you feel? When you do have your baby you will have lots of support anyway, midwifes etc. If you still feel the same after you have had your baby then go back to your doctor and tell him/her how you feel. Hope this helps. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
x x

Annabelry
17-05-06, 14:42
Hello and thank you both for your kind replies!! today is quite a bad day its not heped by the bad weather but im getting through it all somehow!!! I will definately let u know how it all goes, my baby is due July 2nd so i hope i can last off the medication until then!!

Take care everyone xx
Annabel

hayles
17-05-06, 15:09
Keep your chin up
love you are doing so well and you have got this far.

Let us know how you are getting on x

Hay x

india
17-05-06, 15:53
Hi there, congrats on your pregnancy! I have had two children (now 7 and 4) and really envy you! it's such an exiting time, (try to think of it as exitment not panic!)
Have you tried any alternative remedies? May be worth goiing to your local health food shop/ natural therapy centre for advice.
You will get loads of support from midwife/health visitor make sure they are aware of your panics, trust me its nothing to be ashamed of.
As for the birth, there won't be any time to panic! and even if you do you will be in the right place with people who have seen it all before.
Feel free to PM me if you want any more advice, i'll see what i can remember!
Love India xxx