PDA

View Full Version : Really worried!

cassy1989
31-08-11, 21:51
Hello, this might be a bit of a long post but please read :)

Lately I am really just terrified and convinced some thing is wrong with me. I am on 40mg citalopram and up until recently I have been feeling great with my health anxiety but now I'm convinced some thing is going to happen to me.

Firstly lately I have been feeling a little dizzy if I stare at the computer screen for ages. I don't know if its just me being panicky any way and worried because I heard you can have fits if you look at one for too long.

Secondly I have a wisdom tooth coming through causing me trouble, I had an infection in it a month or so ago and was on anti biotics. But I keep thinking its going to become an abcess and spread to my brain :(

Another thing is I have bad eczema on my legs and my bf has scared me by saying if I carry on scratching I will get a leg ulcer. I have just got some new cream for my legs so hopefully it helps but it does worry me.

Also today I noticed my ankles are a little swollen and I'm really worrying wondering why this is! What could it be?

Then another thing is I get on and off painful stabbing pains in my head, they are so horrible. I keep thinking I have a brain aneurysm!

Lastly I have noticed when ever I look at some thing really bright (like the sky or my bright white bathroom) I can see like little glittery dots.

I also have a blood test on friday to rule out diabetes because lately I have been thirstier at night and going to the toilet a lot. The dr did say its unlikely though.

I'm sorry I have wrote so much but I really hope some one replies. I feel so scared lately, I don't want any thing to happen to me, I have a 5 year old to be here for, I'm just so terrified!
My Mum thinks it could be because next week I am moving in with my boy friend and I'm giving up my flat to be with him so I'm stressed about it all because its a big thing but I can't help but think I'm ill.
Please help xx

Gemma T
31-08-11, 23:04
Please dont panic beautiful.

All that sounds a hell of a lot like anxiety to me. I get the shooting head pains, my ankles have been swollen since i came back from vegas a year ago, dizzyness, funny blurred vision. And thats the usual stuff.

Im sure that once you relax you will see these are nothing serious,

I think your mum is right. Sometimes we shift our focus to avoid dealing with bigger things. Your scared and your trying not to be by pretending its not important.

Please relax and good luck in the future x x x

cassy1989
31-08-11, 23:10
Hi Gemma, thank you for the reply. I really do appreciate it, it helps to talk to some one else. I hate anxiety, its so hard to tell whether or not it is just anxiety or you are actually ill. xxxxx

Gemma T
31-08-11, 23:13
Yeh I know its really difficult. I asked my doctor the same question and she told me there is no harm coming in and asking them to take a look. The key is to accept when they say nothing is wrong.

I always worry that one day Ill be right. Im sure I'll die of something i have not contemplated yet. Normally how it works.

Always here if you need to talk x x x