PDA

View Full Version : etopic heartbeats

selphie
01-09-11, 14:21
hi everybody im selphie im new on site and ive been suffering with anxiety and depression since i was 19 im now 35 at the start it was just a few pains in the chest then tightness and my heart would race i saw numerous docs tests etc who just said it was stress and anxiety that dident help me at all easier said than done but somehow imade it through the next years even tho the problems still came up i smoke and when i do my chest would tighten and my heart would race this persisted on and off and until a couple of months when new symptoms came up i would start to smoke and i would feel my heart start to beat all over the place jump pause thump so i tried to cut down the smoking and hope for the best but then i started to notice that it was happening wheni didnt smoke all day every day i would have problems sleeping lay in bed awake waiting for the next miss beat which came almost instantly.then i was browsing by chance on the internet and found some sites about other people suffering the same thing which i found unbeileiveable that how many other people are having these beats since i found this website sunday my beats seem to be decreasing. just wondering has anybody else had these same symptoms and problems. :)

nomorepanic
01-09-11, 14:22
Hi selphie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

venusbluejeans
02-09-11, 00:19
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

looking4answers
02-09-11, 02:25
You shouldtry this site for your answers.

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

selphie
02-09-11, 12:24
hi thankyou for welcoming me i would like to say i am female 35 and from the uk as i went to about me and it said i was a male and from vietnam

selphie
03-09-11, 15:12
thanks for the welcoming i hope to find friends and a lot of help on the way.

alan15
07-09-11, 13:26
Hi Selpie, I have had these ectopic beats for about 5 years, the medical term is PV C's, premature ventrical contractions. They can be very very scary if you dont know whats happening. I am assuming your heart is otherwise normal. i have had all the tests known to mankind done on my heart 3 times, as long as your heart is otherwise normal they are completly harmless,, i know how you feel i was at my wits end , thought i was going to die at any minute, they were recorded at over a thousand a day when i had the holter teat. I still get them all the time, i just try to ignore them,, they cannot cause a heart attack,, a heart attack is something completly differant, there is a site which helped me a lot, its 'uncommon forum, PVC's' there are lots of people on it and a few very wise people who will answer all your questions and put your mind at rest,, ALAN
hi everybody im selphie im new on site and ive been suffering with anxiety and depression since i was 19 im now 35 at the start it was just a few pains in the chest then tightness and my heart would race i saw numerous docs tests etc who just said it was stress and anxiety that dident help me at all easier said than done but somehow imade it through the next years even tho the problems still came up i smoke and when i do my chest would tighten and my heart would race this persisted on and off and until a couple of months when new symptoms came up i would start to smoke and i would feel my heart start to beat all over the place jump pause thump so i tried to cut down the smoking and hope for the best but then i started to notice that it was happening wheni didnt smoke all day every day i would have problems sleeping lay in bed awake waiting for the next miss beat which came almost instantly.then i was browsing by chance on the internet and found some sites about other people suffering the same thing which i found unbeileiveable that how many other people are having these beats since i found this website sunday my beats seem to be decreasing. just wondering has anybody else had these same symptoms and problems. :)

selphie
07-09-11, 20:41
hi alan15 i aint sure really sure if my hearts healthy or not at 19 i had numerous tests then they just listened 2 my heart said it sounded fine blood tests fine blood presure normal. my heart just used to race bck then and i used to feel like i couldent breathe i also used to get hot and sweat all over then it would pass and come bck i used to phone ambulances convinced i was going to die they did ecgs but they used 2 be normal in the end they just sent me away without seeing me. im now 35 and the etopics are a new thing ive had em since june everyday all day been 2 docs but they did there usaull tests and said they couldent find anything wrong the last time i went she said that i would get a letter 2 go and c the cardiologist but im still waiting 2 months later 4 the letter i just dont think that there that worried bout me but i am i just want answers once and for all so i can get on with my life. sorry 2 go and on.:doh:

hyg
07-09-11, 21:54
Hi selphie,
Ive been posting on another topic but came across this so thought Id answer. I know what you re going thru as I had a year of this a few years back. At first it started out with bad heart palps- and yes I ended up in A and E having an ECG and everything was fine-then the ectopics started, at first they felt like heart flops and I used to hold my breath scared my heart would stop beating ! I even used to get missed beats when I was out running or at the gym. I too had a holter monitor twice which didnt show much-I was offered beta blockers. After much research on the web I eventually learned to ignore that but I still get them occassionally-just tell yourself its just a heartbeat nothing else. Incidentally I had a heart scan this year after another health problem and I found out I have a PFO -this is a flap between 2 chambers in the heart thats suppose to close when your born but mine didnt-it happens to 1 in 5 of the population.HOWEVER this has nothing to do with the palps -and strangly enough Im not that bothered about it as I cant feel it like we can the missed beats. Maybe you should think to yourself that you ve had loads of these episodes and nothing serious has happenend to you has it and if you had a serious heart problem it would have been picked up by now ,statistically you are still young and healthy-too young for a heart attack !!!!! Hope this helps x

selphie
08-09-11, 20:25
hi thankyou for a lovley reply.:hugs:and do you know thats exactly keeps me going and being able to get up in the morning the fact that if was really that bad it would have got me by now. it isint that bad at mo in fact it hasent been that bad since i found this web site i thought it was just happening to me but it aint then i think maybe its a coincedence its not that bad oh i dont know just wish i could get it all sorted for once and for all. i dont get the racing heart anymore but i get those dam etopics what terrify me. i am 35 u said thats quiet young i thought that was quiet old old enuff 2 have heart attack soz 2 keep going on but it was nice 2 hear from someone whos had similar things i was quiet down today but your post has made me feel better thanks for that.xxx:yesyes:

hyg
09-09-11, 18:21
Your welcome !
im glad it made you feel better ! At the end of the day all we all need is reassurrance and if we can get it from each other thats great. I still think your young !- Im 45 soon ! and if I have survived this long with a heart defect and ectopics-then you gonna be fine-if you had anything serious it would have been spotted by now !! HAVE FAITH x