PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get this strange tingling symptom?

Sugar&Spice
01-09-11, 18:33
Hello,

I've read quite a lot about anxiety over the years that I've had it, but I've never really read about this symptom that I get, but I don't know if maybe I have read about it and not realised, but I'm just wondering if anyone else gets this symptom as part of their anxiety? It's a strange feeling, kind of like butterflies in your stomach but it's only lasts a second or so and seems to move through your body, almost feels like a bolt of lightning, it's kind of a tingly feeling, it's not always in the same place, but usually somewhere in your stomach or chest, and it usually happens a few times in a row in different places, it's usually when you think about something in particular rather than randomly. To me it usually feels horrible, but sometimes it almost feels nice or comforting, whilst still being a kind of horrible feeling or I sometimes can't help myself but to think about something that makes it happen, not sure why. It's not always the same thoughts that make it happen though, I can think about X one day and it'll make it happen over and over, but thinking about X another day will have no effect on me.

Sorry if I've explained it really badly, it's quite hard to describe! Does anyone else experience anything similar?

MaJestic
01-09-11, 19:26
hi

i think i know what you mean when you say its like a bolt of lightining ive had it a few times go through my chest it only lasts for a couple of seconds. still dont know what it could be but hasnt caused me any harm so i try not to worry about it :)

take care!

pinkprincess
02-09-11, 15:32
yes! i get it like for a split second a flash of lightning goes through your body, if i am say sat down i get it when i go to stand up, but only if i am having a nervous week as i call it! starts from the stomach! wierd but i got used to it now, makes me feel good as i know its just anxiety!