PDA

View Full Version : No more posts

dawnym
13-05-06, 23:47
I leave posts and loads read them but no-one seems to reply.
Well apart from two ladies (they know who they are [:X])
I proberbly read what people are saying but don't see the point in leaving posts.
It make me feel worse when no-one seems to be interested so I won't be troubling you with my troubles.

Hannahlou84
14-05-06, 00:03
Heya,

Try not to look at it as people not being interested. The fact that people are reading them means they are. Have you thought those who are reading don't know what to say? Or don't have time to actually post?

I sometimes get all disheartened too, but people here can help, you just have to give it time- it's just not always time you can have.

What's up tonight? xx

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"

nomorepanic
14-05-06, 01:11
Dawn

The nature of this forum is that people sometimes reply days later. Some people don't reply as they can't relate to your post. I looked through your last 10 posts and you did get replies each time so you weren't ignored atall.

When I come on at night I have over 100 new posts in just one day so it takes time to get through them and I don't reply if I have nothing to add as it would be a pointless post.

Sorry you are going to leave and I hope you find another forum that will support you more.

Take care

Nicola

marie ross
14-05-06, 01:34
Hi Dawn,

Sorry that you feel that you have to leave, I read many topics a day and sometimes i reply, if i've had the same problems, but then again i'll read a topic and think i'd better not reply because i'll sound stupid or just give out the wrong advice. Please don't feel that people are ignoring you, they're not, it takes a lot of time to read everything, and i've got kids so i keep getting disturbed.

Have a good think about it. You are not alone.

Take care

Marie XXX

giddy
14-05-06, 08:46
Hi Dawn - you aren't being ignored, please don't stop posting. I'm very like Marie Ross, I often read a post and think I couldn't possibly reply to it as I'd say all the wrong things. Reading your posts will help many people and the replies you get will help you.
Love Helen

alexis
14-05-06, 09:30
I read most posts on here but if I havent been there or had that I dont reply, no advice is better than wrong advice, as Hannah said, the fact they are read shows people are interested, I think if you leave you are doing wrong, there are many forums out there, buit none as friendly as here.

SickofIt
14-05-06, 12:55
I have felt like this at times here. I stayed away for a long time because it seemed like this was happening often. If people are reading, then they are getting some value from what you are posting. I'm sorry you are feeling hurt.

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 15:30
Aw Dawn. Don't feel like that hunni, although I know what you mean I have posted a topic before and no one replies to them sometimes so I just end up deleting it. Sorry to hear you are feeling like that. You can bother me with your troubles if you like. Feel free to pm me anytime hunni. And don't leave! As Alexis said there are not so many forums that are as friendly as this! lol. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
x x

Paddington
14-05-06, 15:39
NOOOOO,DONT GO DAWN!!i know it can be hurtful when you feel you dont get the support you need at the time!I think ,too,that posts get moved and then people cant find them!!that has happened to me Dawn[i am no whizz on a pc!!lol]I'll look on the main forum but cant find it in the category a think it would be in!!!Dont despair of us just yet hey.You know i love ya!!Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

mirry
15-05-06, 16:14
Dawn , sometimes when we leave a post people read it and feel they understand how you feel so much that its almost painful for them.

Honestly ive had lots of ignored posts in the past but theres always a good reason for it - maybe my post wasnt of interest to them or maybe everyone had too much to do to that day to reply.

When we suffer with anxiety we tend to look into things more and presume its "US" thats the problem (low self esteam)
but honestly it not!

Your posts are valued and this forum needs you!
Infact we all need each other so please dont go.:(

mirryx

Keitharcher
15-05-06, 20:00
dawn

I have read your posts and where i could offer any help i posted a reply. As been said here some people on this site think they cannot help however, they want to, Your posts are read believe me

Keith

MrMonkey
15-05-06, 20:23
I'm new at this, so I think I can offer a view on reasons why people don't post. What we talk about on here is quite serious and just any response could really upset a person or give them the wrong idea so I know I like to carefully think about what I say in making a reply, so I am sure others are the same.

It is also true that not everyone experiences the same symptoms so it can be hard to offer advice if you haven't felt the exact same way yourself.

If it's immediate help you want, maybe you shuld try the chatroom and just use the forum for information and reading? Whatever you do, I hope it works out for you.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

nomorepanic
15-05-06, 22:35
Dawn

Could it be that you are crying out for help ? Most people just leave here and never post again once deciding to leave but you chose to post and I think that is a cry for help. I see you are still on forum each day but not posting or replying.

Why don't you let us help? I am sure if you are patient and stick around you will get the replies you need/want.

Just an idea.

Nicola

wendy
16-05-06, 08:38
Hi

I totally agree with Nicola

Sometimes when I post I am constantly checking for a reply and think often that is because I am so desperate for anyone to understand me and make me not feel alone, People in "normal" life often dont understand and it can be a lonely illness,

You have received a lot of replies to this post and that show people do care It is just the nature of our illness that makes us insecure if replies dont come through quickly, they will come tho and promise the support you received here will be a great help to you

Take Care

Wendy xx

jill
16-05-06, 08:59
Hi Dawn :D

A big ((((( HUG )))) to you hun.

I can understand how you feel.
The problem being that its soooo dame hard to understand anxiety, are thoughts go all over the place. We try to get help anyway we can, we look for poeple who understand, BUT sometime's Mrs anxiety gets in the way and tells us people don't care (NEGATIVE thought) Remember she feeds on negatives.

Dawn, as you can see by all your replies, people DO care. I always call people on here special people because they are kind caring and understanding. YOU are a special person too Dawn, DON'T let Mrs anxiety stop you from posting on here. Without this site, I would NOT be where I am today and that is feeling better.

I don't post on the forums much because I lack confidance, I fear I may hurt somone or say the wrong thing (oh must start to work on that)

The information, help and advice on this forums is pricless, Please, please don't stop posting.

You take care Dawn

LOVE JILLXX