PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about newly visible capillaries on foot - please respond!!

swgrl09
01-09-11, 19:42
Hi, sorry for all my posts! I just found this site and am trying hard not to google.

I am going to a dermatologist in a week and a half, so I will bring this up when I am there, but I am getting very anxious about this. I have tiny capillaries that are suddenly visible on top of my skin on one of my feet right below my ankle. At first it was just a small patch of them and I thought it was a red rash/discoloration until I looked up close and they were tiny blood vessels! but it seems like they are spreading now. Now it is like 3 clumps of visible capillaries below my ankle. Is this something like spider veins because of standing? I'm just nervous because I remember my mom being nervous about her visible capillaries on her legs and thinking they were lupus for some reason.

Please respond, as I really don't want to google and freak myself out like crazy.

swgrl09
01-09-11, 20:09
i gave in and googled ... and am scaring myself.

swgrl09
01-09-11, 20:22
Thinking it could be DVT ... blood clot that will break free to my heart/lungs!

anthrokid
02-09-11, 09:59
Hey there!

Try not to panic yourself. These can be caused by a number of things - sun damage, wind damage, your feer becoming very hot or very cold, tiny blood vessels bursting due to extra pressure. It is actually very rarely that visible capillaries are due to anything like DVT. It's good to get them checked out, but until you do, try not to worry about them too much. If it really starts to bother you before you get to see the dermatologist, just check in with a local doctor.