PDA

View Full Version : An introduction from the hermit!

Tari
01-09-11, 20:15
Hi all.

Thought I would introduce myself. I am 31 and have suffered from anxiety in some form or another for as long as I can remember. I think it started as social phobia which became agoraphobia, which led to me eventually being in the situation where I have not left my house for the best part of three and a half years. I have never worked or done a lot of things people would consider ' normal'

Even though I manage to avoid things that would usually set me off by being at home, over the last three years I have suffered from health anxiety and just generally worrying about anything I see on the news. My doctor has prescribed me various different types of medication, I get as far as picking up the prescription then the meds end up shoved in a cupboard. I am unable to take them because I also have severe Emetophobia, and I am convinced all meds have the possibility to make me sick. I am also afraid of every side effect imaginable and generally can't tolerate the thought of taking them. So I am for now I am not medicated.

Most days I am breathless, or have jelly legs, or both, and am convinced I have something horrid which I won't get checked out because well, that would involve talking to doctors (which I do rarely) and going outside. I tend to stay up at night and nap during the day as I get a lot of nigh time anxiety. And another one of the symptoms I am finding distressing at the moment is my memory, or lack of. Its been a problem for a long time and occasionally when I forget something I should remember, I start to panic about how much of my memory is all lost or scrambled.

As much as I hate to admit it, my anxiety is ruling my life and has done for as long as I can remember. My doctor has given up so I just take it day by day and try to deal with the random symptoms that my anxiety throws at me on a daily basis.

Tari xx

diane07
01-09-11, 20:17
Hi Tari

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Rexzooly
01-09-11, 20:22
Hey welcome to the site I hope you find this place a nice relaxing place and I hope you find some help even if its only a BIG HUG :)... or ya a gift for you ... A BIG HUG :bighug1:

paulst
01-09-11, 22:30
Hi Tari :welcome:to the forum.

venusbluejeans
02-09-11, 00:15
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: