PDA

View Full Version : blood clots?? please read

swgrl09
02-09-11, 03:22
Hi, I'm sorry I keep posting, but didn't get a response and am pretty nervous. I've had what looks like thread/spider veins forming below my ankle on the inside. I did the mistake of googling them, and saw that there was a risk it could be blood clot related, especially if somebody is on the birth control pill (i am!) ... now since then my leg is achey and I don't know if that is just me mentally thinking it, but I have had this ache in my leg before (in both legs actually) and feels like they need to be stretched out kind of ... but stretching really doesn't make it go away.

Any thoughts? I don't see any swelling, but now that I saw that, I am fixated on a blood clot/dvt. If you have had DVT, how did you know?

I have a dermo appointment in a week and a half but I am nervous that something bad would happen before then.

looking4answers
02-09-11, 03:26
Vericose veins, no redness or heat sensation or extreme pain that does not go away ,then I would say again vericose veins. I have them too

swgrl09
02-09-11, 03:51
No, none of those symptoms. Just the appearance/spreading of the veins and some aching in the leg. It's just weird because I'm 22, not overweight, and only thing i can think of to cause it would be the birth control pill ... I do have raynauds disease in the family, but not sure if that is even related.

I got freaked out also because I read online (yes shame on me) that if the spider veins appear on the inside of your ankle area that it could be bad and a sign of something more serious. Thats the only place I have them.

looking4answers
02-09-11, 03:58
I just went though 30000 dollars scans and diagnosis. I have the samething on my ankle and behind my knees and the drs said nothing and I oointed them out and they said vericose veins,but im not a doctor so if you are worried go to the doctor to check them out ,if nothing else for peace of mind.