PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new anxiety sufferer here for nearly 2 years

Justin1973
02-09-11, 10:21
Hello everyone,

M name is Justin, I'm suffolk and I have suffered with anxiety on and off about two years. This year being my second year. It's a bit of a sad story as I had real good success with my anxiety issues last year. Yet, something else has happened. I'll make my story as short os possible.

Last year; I was suffering anxiety related to worry over catching the diahrea and sickness bug. I caught it while I was at work and had to go home. I got over this bug in the usual way. Everytime I'd show up at work on the Wednesdays (this was a voluntary position) I'd be very anxious the same thing would happen again. I truely beliee, in time, I'd have got over it if it wasn't for m IBS coming back. I had general feelings of nausia, stomach pains and has several IbS attacks during the course of sic months. So, the IBS compounded my anxiieties. I started worrying about preparing and eating food, food poisoning etc. The anxiety got out of control at this oint. I went to the doctors in Aug last year to get sometohing to calm me down. The doctor insisted I was deressed so she put me on Citalopram. I felt worse for nearly 7 weeks but, I settle down very well on them. I saw someone from IAPT (improving Access to Psychogical Therapies) in Oct and we discussed CBT. I started CBT in November and finished it in March this year. I felt great! my anxieties were totally gone :) I decided I'd come off the antidepressants. I just asked the doctor for advice and I'd go alone with whatever was said.

The doctor told me to just stop taking the altogether. Or, gone from 20mg (I started off on that dose and remained on ot for 7 months) to 10mg and that was it. I do 10mg for a month and then decided to wean off (one every other day, one every two days, one every three days etc) I didn't complete the weaning process as I was getting unpleasant sypmtoms like; electric shocks in the head, burning up every so often, low immune system, slight anxiety. I stopped so I could got the withdrawal over and done with. I did this at a time when there were problem in my lifewith both family and friends. So, strees and low mood kind of encourages anxiety.

I'm no having panic attacks nearl everytime I' go and start to eat a meal. Just 1 inicident when that happened has started off my anxieties bgi time. I'm now only starting to deal with it. I'm got guuided relaxation CD, I'm starting CBT again, on the waiting list for gneral councelling. So, I'm gonna be working hard this autumn to face my new phobia. Once I can do that it'll get me back on an even keel.

Okay, I've written so much here so, I'll stop now. Any questions anyone wants to ask, please feel free. I'm hear to be open, learn from you all and talk to people going through the simialr thing that I'm going through.

Thanks so much for your time

Justin :)

nomorepanic
02-09-11, 10:28
Hi Justin1973

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Justin1973
02-09-11, 10:29
Thank you very much for the warm welcome Nicola. I look forward to settling here and learning a lot of other's experiences.