PDA

View Full Version : seroxat low dose withdrawal

benned
02-09-11, 12:45
hi guys

about 4 weeks ago my doctor prescribed Seroxat 10mg (with the intention of increasing to 20mg) to treat social anxiety.

After 3 weeks I had a follow up with her and went through the symptoms I had...nausea, tiredness, over sleeping, a headache that just stayed and stayed and a chest 'pain' that came out fine on an ECG/listen. Maybe anxiety, maybe heartburn?

Anyway, consensus was that the tablets weren't agreeing with me so told to stop and next step to go on to Sertraline 50mg. That aside I dropped from 10mg to a couple of days of 5mg and then nothing for the last 6 days.

I feel crap. Still have the headache, still have the chest thing going on, still have the upset bowels, tiredness has been replaced with mild insomnia and when I went for a walk this morning came over dizzy.

Is this normal even for such a low dose to nothing? Just had a chat with a guy at NHS Direct to see what they know and to allay any fears and we're both thinking it's the withdrawal but to monitor. Of course that doesn't get the mind racing!

Thanks in advance :)

pia
02-09-11, 13:51
Hi,
I am currently on 8mg seroxat per day. There is no way i could go from that to nothing as i experience horrific withdrawl symptoms when ever i have tried to do so. If the withdrawl is bearable then perhaps you could stick it out? as it will get better. The symptoms i experience are very severe and so i am reducing by 1mg every couple of months. Perhaps im just very sensitive to it. I think it is common to experience withdrawl with seroxat, even on low doses, just varies from person to person with how severe it is.

Wish you all the best.

Pia. xx

julieannboo
04-11-11, 15:10
go to a great website:

www.paxilprogress.org