PDA

View Full Version : allergy to cats

lucy devine
02-09-11, 13:42
hiya,
I am staying with family for a couple of weeks and they have a cat..since i've been here, I can't stop sneezing, my eyes are itchy watery and puffy, my throat is tickly and the skin on my neck is itchy and I am wheezy and have a tickly cough
I am pretty sure that I have an allergy to this cat and I am really panicking after googling that it may affect my breathing and that I could die...my breathing does feel off as I am wheezy and stuff but I don't know what to do.
I can't take piriton due to other meds I'm on so I really don't know what to do :S :S
xxx

Jenny63
02-09-11, 14:15
there must be something you can take Lucy, surely

macc noodle
02-09-11, 14:22
Lucy lucy lucy

What can i tell you - i cannot go near cats as they give me a dreadful allergic reaction - I cannot even see within hours my eyes puff up so much and itch so badly!!!

They make me wheezy and sneezy!!!

Antihistamine helps a little, avoidance helps a lot !!!

Jan

:hugs:

Mr Google is banned lucy you know that !!! and besides which how rare would it be for someone to die from cat allergy - if it were to happen you would know by now - you have been there a week! xxxxx

lucy devine
02-09-11, 14:24
i'm going the chemist with my auntie in a bit :) so they will be able to give me something x

Jenny63
02-09-11, 14:45
:yesyes:

swgrl09
02-09-11, 15:25
benedryl works the best for me, but it will knock you out. so when i am not going to bed i just use allegra.

lucy devine
02-09-11, 16:15
hiya guys...just updating to say i went to the chemist and got some stuff for it :)
feeling a little bit better about the situation. thanks for the support xxxx