PDA

View Full Version : cutting down on B vits

giddy
14-05-06, 08:56
Hello
I have been taking 50mg B complex for a month and a half and I'm sure I read somewhere that after a while cut back to one every other day rather than daily. If this is the case how do I know when I'm ready to cut back or should I just carry on taking then daily? My anxiety and most of the symptoms have pretty much gone, I'm just left with exhaustions and still some muscle tension.
Thanks
Love Helen

chop
16-05-06, 16:39
Hi,
Sorry I cant help with the B vitamins but how did you rid your anxiety out of interest?

Many thanks
Chop

Learning to under react

chop
16-05-06, 16:41
P.S. I take a multi vitamin (high potency) and also berocca (B vitamins) and that is still well below the max daily reccommended limit so I am not sure you would have to cut back?

Even with foods with Vitamin B.

I am not sure though.

Chop

Learning to under react

giddy
16-05-06, 18:25
Hi Chop - I'm not sure how I got rid really, it was a combination of a few things I think - my anxiety stemmed from stress at work and poor diet. After a night time panic attack I stopped sleeping, then started getting anxious about not coping at work and then about all my symptoms....
I think the turning point was finding this site and relising what I was feeling was so common, reading Claire Weekes books (which took away so much of my fear and enabled me to cope with what was happening, so when I felt lightheaded for example I just told myself over and over it was just muscle tension thats all and gradually it started to get better). I also saw a CBT therapist (once!!) but he explained what was oing on in my body which really helped and I slowed right down at work, stopped drinking and improved my diet. I also started doing things again - going shopping on my own, going to the supermarket, queing at the PO etc and even though I felt horrid at first I realised I could do it and again things started to get better - I still get very hot in shops, but hopefully that will soon go too.
I'm not a 100 percent yet - I had palpatations today, but they went, I still don't sleep, and I still get very anxious meeting new people and talking in meetings at work and I've yet to face a night out, but things are improving.
Bit of a muddled reply - hope you can make some sense of it!!
Love Helen

chop
21-05-06, 11:00
Hi
Very good reply. thanks.
I have trouble sleeping sometimes and take a good sleep pill.

I am glad tings are goign well for you. Sounds similar to me.
I just cant sit still. Want to sleep but cant etc now.

Many thanks
Chop

Learning to under react