PDA

View Full Version : Terrified...plz was this bad indigestion?

Mark801
02-09-11, 20:07
Hey guys, hope all is well.

I was laying in bed not too long after eating Brunch(I woke up late this morning) and I had my laptop on my lap. All of a sudden I felt this weird chest pain right in the middle and my upper stomach and I stopped typing to pay attention to it.

I then jumped up and my heart started racing and I just went straight into a huge panic. I burped a few and felt a bit better.

But now I'm sitting here in a nervous wreck cuz it came so out of no where. I mean I was laying down relaxing when it happened.

It sucks because I'm due to go to work in an hour and I don't want to now because I'm scared I had a mini heart attack. I've been so stressed this week as school has started and I had a few issues I had to resolve with payment issues. Everything is fine now.

But now I'm still having palps and my palms are soaking wet with anxiety and I feel like I'm tingling on my neck. The pain is gone as I'd say it lasted about 10 seconds but I'm still scared.

My mum is convincing it gas and that I should relax but with this anxiety, I can't. Has anyone ever had indigestion this bad before?:weep::weep::weep::weep:

ronski
02-09-11, 20:24
Hi Mark
It's just anxiety because you worried and were concerned about the fast heart rate. Yes trapped wind can give you the symptoms you describe. Jumping up and getting in a panic released major stress hormones. Go to work mate and forget it you are fine you are just showing signs of anxiety that if you put it to the back of your mind and distract then you will find everything will settle.
Have a good day your mum as usual is right.

clarelea
02-09-11, 20:30
bless, i have a pain right now in my chest just under my left brest bone and my left arms also aching! i also know i have been to the gym today and done some weights and i have had a spicey dinner :) so there we have it, i diagnosed myself and im not dying,

you will be ok just calm down and breath, youve most deffo had a panic attack :( xxxx