PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Dreams?

RafflesGeorgiou
02-09-11, 22:25
Hi all, just posting out of curiosity. For about 3 months now I have been having the same dream over and over again. Exactly the same every night to the point that it doesn't really scare me that much anymore it just kind of annoys me?!:shrug:

I'm in the corner shop near me at about 10pm, nobody is around but the man locks me and tells me to get out the back because he is going to kill me if I don't. I keep calling my mum and she doesn't answer her phone.. I know that's really strange but that is the dream I've been having EVERY night.

Just wondering if anxiety is causing these recurring dreams or it's just my mind working over time thinking about this?

Also everytime Rob comes back on the scene in Eastenders I have dreams that he's kidnapping me too :ohmy: Someone just tell me if I'm going to be kidnapped!!!! Lol

Raf. x

cathycrumble
02-09-11, 22:51
Lol I would say just your mind sorting things out. It would be fun to get a dream book. I have had some scary reacuring dreams I used to get scared by them but not anymore they are just dreams.

Cathy xx:yesyes:

PanchoGoz
02-09-11, 22:55
Dreams don't predict the future. They are the way for your mind to rid itself of extra emotions that you have not released in the day. This is why you wake up feeling refreshed and "new" - you have stored your memories and expelled your trapped feelings. And when you sleep badly or not at all, you feel moody as your emotions (especially anxiety) build up.
So this is an anxiety dream as your main emotion in the dream is fear due to the threat of the man. Well its up to you to interpret it really but I see it as expressing insecurity as you are trying to reach your mother in the dream in your moment of need. The man is a threat that represents something in your life, and you turn to the architypal mother for help. The main thing is that the mother is not there - you must work out what this means to you.
Its ok to have recurring dreams. They can be very strong when you are anxious but this is a good thing as they are helping yo to cope and you should accept them and try to see the message they are giving you.
If they are worrying you, maybe try not to sleep in too late or have a warming drink before you go to bed and NOT television, computers or games before you go to bed because thats bad for yor sleep. I keep a dream diary! Its most interesting to go back and decipher them. Let us know if the dreams suddenly stop. All the best xxx