PDA

View Full Version : symptoms for depression?

thinice13
03-09-11, 00:15
Ive just recently turned 20 years old, and i think i have symptoms for depression but not sure.:wacko:
Im seriously unmotivated and have no drive whatsoever.
I have no job at the moment, due to be getting fed up of every other job ive had for stupid reasons. also got myself in about 2k of debt that im reminded of everyday with letters and phonecalls.

i have a boyfriend of 1 year who suffers from bad GAD, which is difficult for us both. hes constantly pressuring me to work which i understand and appreciate but im not sure if he wants me to be someone else, i think about ending the relationship alot.
Thing is i really want to be earning money, working like everybody else, so the thoughts are there, but i feel so fed up. I eat constantly, no longer care about how i look, i dont get in contact with friends anymore, i think about running away a hell of alot. i get up at 12 in the afternoon feeling tired straightaway, and im constantly in a daze. ive had panic attacks and brain fog alot in previous jobs so i think this is what puts me off. but mostly i just dont want to do anything. absolutely no enthusiasm in anything. if my mum told me we won the lottery i wouldnt even raise an eyebrow! i just feel really phased out all the time and its not myself at all. is is depression or do i just need to snap out of it?
i hope someone reads all this drivel and can give me some advice! the harsher the better :blush:

suzy-sue
03-09-11, 01:11
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/depression/ Hi and :welcome:to NMP ..thinice . You do sound like you are suffering with depression Sounds like you have felt like this for a while ?.First I think you should go see your Dr and tell them what you have just told us .There is help available to get you back on track .Sounds like the debt is also causing you worry ,so please get some advice to get this sorted .You dont need this kind of worry .I hope the above link is helpful and im sure you will get plenty of help and support here , to aid you in your recovery .In the meantime get plenty of sleep, excercise ,and eat a good healthy diet .It will all contribute to you getting well again .Take care and I hope you start to feel better soon .LUV Sue x:hugs:

thinice13
03-09-11, 15:43
thank you Sue, think i just needed another persons opinion on it. Ill get to the doctors and hopefully sort myself out!! :hugs: xx