PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Wotnews
03-09-11, 18:23
Hi
I'm so glad I found this site and especially the forum..it has helped so much over the last few weeks so I thought it was time I joined. I had a significant birthday this year ( not saying which but it wasn't 21) .Unfortunately the anxiety that I have "managed" for most of my life took a turn for the worse..so no birthday celebrations! My last really bad period was about 11 years ago so I knew the signs but didn't act on them I'd spent months thinking I was ill and backwards and forwards to the GP with a terminal illness that nobody could diagnose. It immobilised me and I soon wasn't able to function on any level and started to avoid all situations whether I thought they would be stressful or not.
Eventually,desperate I got an emergency appointment at the gp and fessed up that I was anxious and needed help. This was the day after a massive panic attack which made me vomit.
It's been a rocky road since then ( about 7 Wks ) which has included reducing
citalopram cos I was very sensitive to it. This week has been my worst I think
..bad tremors,crying for no reason,no sleep,not eating.But thank goodness this site makes me feel normal and not alone. This a scary old condition and I feel at some point soon I will get the strength to get througH it.
Phew sorry that was a long one..sorry x

nomorepanic
03-09-11, 18:29
Hi Wotnews

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
03-09-11, 20:07
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

venusbluejeans
04-09-11, 03:10
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

rachel04
04-09-11, 12:10
hi wotnews. i would avoid all situations that would freak me out, shopping centre, beach at peak times etc, but lately iv made myself go and as long as i have a plan how to get out of there im ok with it, like only do shopping at my local supermarket park the car closer to the beach i dont know if im doing the right thing or not but it has helped me having a plan. im waiting for counciling il ask them then if what im doing is normal lol. hope you get better x

paulst
04-09-11, 16:34
Hi wotnews welcome to the forum, really glad you found us.:)

terror-x
04-09-11, 22:28
welcome to the site :)