PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety freaking me out in work

rachel04
03-09-11, 20:50
so guys i was in work earlier and i was so freaked out i had to come home still feel unwell now. im seeing a white spot in my eye all the time u know like youv looked at the sun and looked away you have that spot where the sun was well im experiencing that all the time and its freaking me out, also i feel weak constantly and have inside tremors, has anyone else experienced any of this x
:scared15:

mel78
04-09-11, 01:41
What do you mean by "inside tremors"? Your symptoms seem so random that it probably all anxiety related. How long have you had the problem with your eye? Things come and go in people's vision all the time - unless its been weeks I wouldn't worry too much about it.

rachel04
04-09-11, 11:45
hi mel when i say inside tremors i mean that inside is shaking but not visable to anyone else like my body is moving really fast inside and i cant keep up with it, perhaps its the flight or fight response. the vision thing comes and goes been there for months now but not constantly.

Carrera74
04-09-11, 11:54
I used to have the inside tremors too. I bloody hated them. I'm on propranolol now and it's taken the edge off them so think it was the adrenaline.

Do you get migraines? I had my first aural migraine last year. It started how you described - like looking at the sun. I didn't get any pain with it but I felt weird for a few days after.

If you've not had your eyes tested in a while go and book yourself in just to make sure everything ok. To be honest it does sound like anxiety but best to get checked over x

rachel04
04-09-11, 12:23
hi carrera, yea prob is the adrenaline kicking in cause my eyes were playing up, its really horrid tho in it.
yea like you i had my first aura migraine last year i saw zig zags and the worse headache after, i honestly thought i was having a stroke i freaked out, do u think thats what it is a little aura migraine? thinking bout it i did have a little pain in my head when it happened
yea had my eyes tested when the zig zags first happened and they said it was classic migraine symptons. thanks for your help xx

Carrera74
04-09-11, 12:34
I thought I was having a stroke too!! It scared the eeby jeebies out of me. I couldn't see out of my left eye for about half an hour. Scary stuff. I freaked out big time. Think my manager thought I had completely lost it.

See how you are in a few days and if you're still getting it perhaps go and see your GP for some migraine relief tabs? Do you take any meds? I'm on propranolol for the physical symptoms of anxiety but I believe you can take them for migraine prevention too. x

rachel04
04-09-11, 14:13
well what we like hey lol. i was on the motorway when it happened i said to my hubby this is it im dying, aww it was bad.
i did mention it to the docs but he wasnt that concerned, i do need another eye test so i think il book it soon.
they put me on citalopram and said to carry on taking co codamols for the migraine or ibuprofen but i cnt take citalopram and priscribed tabs, but i took citalopram for one day and i felt horrid so iv not been taking any tabs for anxiety, they put me on beta blockers once i thought i was mr soft, everything was really slow even i had to rub my heart to get it working lol xx

kinnygirl1
04-09-11, 14:41
Really does sound like a kind of migraine. I had one where peoples faces were blocked out by that sort of "just looked at the sun" light. I was really freaked and told my hubby I was going blind. It did go away within a few hours though but it is common for migraines to last a few days so try not to worry if it does. x

rachel04
04-09-11, 20:44
aww thanks for your help guys xx i feels better already xx