PDA

View Full Version : Chest tightness

fadefade
03-09-11, 21:09
As well as palpitations (which of all my anxiety symptoms, are the ones I hate the most), I seem to have a very frequent chest tightness. I've had ECG's, tests, etc (and will shortly have a 24hr heart band) but the Doctor seems to think it's anxiety related. Does anyone else have the chest tightness?

Anxious_gal
04-09-11, 11:20
Could you describe the tightness?
When your heart races that makes your chest feel tight,
Then when you are stressed that can tense up your chest mucles and cause an achyness.
During a panic attack you can get a gripping tightness, as well as a feeling of intense pressure.

Carrera74
04-09-11, 11:23
I have chest tightness and the more I noticed it the worst it got. It felt like I had been working out in the gym which I hadn't but I had been tense so I guess the muscles were still being worked. It used to be in my throat area and in my upper chest. I got myself checked over at the doctors and forced myself to believe it was just my muscles tensing up. Slowly but surely it went although now I've said it's gone I'm sure it'll be back later lol.

Meewah
04-09-11, 18:24
Hi

I have had something similar for 5 yrs off and on. When I am sitting still I can sometimes feel my heart beat. This can trigger a feeling like I have stuck tape to my chest between my pecs. I|f i rub it it eases. I can also get stabbing type muscular pains in my shoulders and between my ribs. I have had the tests too but nothing was found.

Try a warm bath or go for a swim this can help.

Mee