PDA

View Full Version : lanzeroprazole

maybeoneday
03-09-11, 22:01
hi

not been on for a while, i have very bad acid relux and eosophigitus not sure how its spelt, i have medication phobia and i have been put on all the ppis etc but take one then scared to carry on cos im scared of side effects, my doctor has told me to take lanzoprazole again like i have before and i took it for 3 days before and the 3rd day i came over all dizzy also had bad diareoa, so i have started to take them again and since doing so day 2 today i am sweating hot and got a massive headache and amscared to take it again tomorrow, anyone else suffered side effects.

diane07
03-09-11, 22:06
Hi maybeoneday

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

fadefade
03-09-11, 22:11
Hi maybeoneday, I was on lanzoprazole for around 5 months for acid reflux. The only real side affect I had was diarrhoea/stomach upset and mild dizziness. I know if you read the packaging, it will tell you that it can pretty much cause any side affects though. My diarrhoea/dizziness only lasted 2-3 days though so I'd be tempted to continue taking it as long as the side affects don't get any worse.

maybeoneday
03-09-11, 23:36
thankyou hun, dr said give it five days see how i settle on them, just got to be brave. i am in so much pain i need something x

venusbluejeans
04-09-11, 03:08
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

selphie
04-09-11, 14:59
im on them meds and idont get anything with them and i have 2 take em 4 life. u get stomach ache coz it takes away the natural acid in your gut that fights stomach bugs so its easier to get em1:weep:

kibbutz83
04-09-11, 16:16
I think that doctors and gastroenterologists hand them out too much too quickly, without even bothering to find out the under-lying causes of people's symptoms :( This happened in my case, and a few changes to my diet and lifestyle were all I really needed... I very rarely get heartburn or excess stomach acid now. In my opinion ppi's are very rarely necessary, and can actually be quite harmful. If we treat the causes then the symptoms will disappear :)

maybeoneday
04-09-11, 18:14
does anyone no if its ok to take with seroxat, kibutz i have tried everything diet change, etc but to no avail so realy need to take them

terror-x
04-09-11, 22:28
welcome to the forum