PDA

View Full Version : coming off venlaflaxine

smallsteps
04-09-11, 09:31
Hi Every1
i have been on venlaflaxine for 3 years 225mg daily, i have dropped down to 150mg and my pcn said to take them for 2 weeks then to drop again to 75mg for another 2 weeks, im on day 3! im stopping because i want to try for a baby and venlaflaxine is not recommended, once i came off venlaflaxine they are putting me on another medication which is ok for when and if i get pregnant. So far side effects have been bearable, finding it hard to sleep, my husband said i sounded like i was drunk, i must amit it is scary coming off them, my panicking has increased but i think im over thinking how i feel, so im just taking everyday as it comes atm, but i was told not to stop straight away as the withdrawal is awful, any way wanted to post just in case there is any one else in the same situation, as i feel its always good to hear from ppl in the same situation to know that your not alone xx:ohmy:

Lizziesaurus
10-09-11, 11:37
I'm in the same boat, I'm currently managing on 37.5mg as and when I need it. I find I can go a couple of days before I feel withdrawal start to kick in so I take one again. I've tried to stop cold turkey once after coming down to 75mg from 225mg, NOT recommended!!!
I'm not planning on getting pregnant at the moment, although I'm hoping to in a year or 2 so want to try and get off all medication so I can adjust to life without anything for when that time does come. Good luck coming off it, if you find anything that helps please let me know! Good luck baby making too :)