PDA

View Full Version : In a mess again

ronski
04-09-11, 20:46
I am in a real mess again with very unpleasant symptoms that maybe are somatic due to anxiety and some form of depression probably atypical.
My medical history in the last 4 years have been diagnosis of ME/CFS, panic disorder, chronic hyperventilation syndrome and vasovagal syncope. I am collecting phobias like some people collect stamps, at present I have cardiac neurosis, prescription meds, heights, flying, deep water, agoraphobia and at times just living.
I have had 23 CBT sessions, numerous courses to deal with stress and anxiety by the local mental health trust and my doctor refuses to give me any medication even after I wrote him a letter explaining in detail what I am going through. I have had loads and loads of unpleasant tests so now if I attend a clinic or hospital and they take my blood pressure it goes up to 170/110 straight away.
I have managed for some short periods to get some form of control on my anxiety but it never leaves completely. I know the anxiety handbook word for word but I cannot get to the point of getting much better.
This last week I have been getting chest tightness and periods of shortness of breath that just occurs mainly at rest. I try and do things excepting the symptoms are present but they never leave, in fact I am wondering if I am getting continuous free floating panic attacks.
I feel as though I am at the end of the road with nowhere to go, I have not been out of the house for 4 months and that was going to the ME clinic for them to tell me that funding issues meant that any help had to stop even though I was still very unwell so I was discharged with the caveat that I could ring them if I was concerned but they may not be able to see me without my GP re referring.
My GP says there is nothing more to be done and I have to learn to live with my conditions. I am at my wits end with nowhere to turn, I have written to the Samaritans but again just generic advice and no real answers.
What can you do with symptoms of panic that never seem to leave, sensations of dread pervade my every waking minute at the moment, has anybody any ideas please.

kinnygirl1
04-09-11, 22:53
Ronski you have helped me so much with my heart anxieties I wish I could say something now to really help you. The only thing I can say is that this horrible phase you are in will pass and will not stay with you forever. There will be a time when you can look back at this and think how much you have moved on. Maybe taking baby steps is the way forward. Setting your self very small goals and being proud of yourself when you achieve them perhaps with working up to leaving the house in mind. For example maybe just opening the front door and taking a few deep breaths then closing it again. Then congratulate yourself for that. The next day maybe a step into the garden some deep breaths and back in. Tell yourself well done and that you are beating your panic. I went through this many years ago when I couldn't get on a bus and I beat it. Now trying to battle my HA in the same way.

Very good luck to you

Kinnygirl x

Veronica H
05-09-11, 01:37
:bighug1:hugs anxiety buddy. You know where I am if you need to chat. XV (post 2,248...wink)