PDA

View Full Version : my tongue!!!

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 15:50
hi all
ive said this in my other post but i need to know if anyone has had this or can help.....for the last week ive become aware of my tongue its like i cant relax it! sometimes i feel im going to choke on it (i know im not[Sigh...]) ive never had this before! (theres always something) its not swollen or anything im just sooooo aware of it ..maybe imjust cracking up ..sorry ..any advice would be great sorry again and thanksxxx[:o)]

jools xx

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 15:53
Hi Jools.

Hm.......lol not sure what to say to that! Have you spoken to your doctor about it? Am sure you won't choke on your tongue maybe you have just been feeling under the weather a bit and so its just got a little swollen. Hope this helps. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
x x

florence
14-05-06, 15:53
I can relate totally to this, and I know how it drives you mad. I had this symptom too , lasting from several days to months, and then it goes away.
However uncomfortable this may seem, nothing bad will happen. Just try to ignore it. ( I know its not easy ).

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 15:57
thanks .... i thought maybe its a side effect of meds been on 16 days but who know nice to hear someone else has had it ( sorry you have it) but reasurring to know im not alone .
scooby im at docs in two weeks and i will be telling him lol i think its just body awareness but i hate it ..thanks again for replying xxx

jools xx

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 16:01
Thats good Jools about going to the doctors, let us know how it goes yeah? lol. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
x x

florence
14-05-06, 16:10
Jools, just want to reassure you that the "tongue feeling" is one of the many symptoms of anxiety... It will pass.

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 16:43
thank you all
your reassurance helps xxx

jools xx

mirry
14-05-06, 19:21
jools,

last year i had this same problem and i kept inspecting my tounge constantly, then it felt worse and worse......my doctor checked it and it was ok but being me i still wasnt convinced - i know what you mean about being totally aware of your tounge all the time but it will go when you relax about it (easier said than done).

mirryx

joolsukuk
14-05-06, 19:29
thanks mirry,
hope it goes soon its so annoying xxxxx

jools xx

trish1955
15-05-06, 08:14
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi all
ive said this in my other post but i need to know if anyone has had this or can help.....for the last week ive become aware of my tongue its like i cant relax it! sometimes i feel im going to choke on it (i know im not[Sigh...]) ive never had this before! (theres always something) its not swollen or anything im just sooooo aware of it ..maybe imjust cracking up ..sorry ..any advice would be great sorry again and thanksxxx[:o)]

jools xxi to have the feeling my tounge is going to choke me it feels swollon and i think its blocking my air ways i start to panic it sometimes happens when i am in bed so i tend to hold it with my teeth but i honestly no how you feel trish1955

<div align="right">Originally posted by joolsukuk - 14 May 2006 : 16:50:31</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

joolsukuk
15-05-06, 10:26
thank you trish
feels like im talking funny now! good to knowim not alone with it, xxxx

jools xx

MrMonkey
15-05-06, 12:14
Yes, I've had that but usually only for a day at a time. My tongue feels ... not swollen but kind of lazier. If that makes sense. I assumed it was something nutritional and whether it is psychosymatic or not it seems to go away when I eat oranges :) hope it clears up for you.

clarissa
15-05-06, 19:35
Helpful advice for you, and all others who have this.[:O]
Open your mouth just a little:D
allow your tongue to "flop down" in the lower jaw,now close your mouth and try to keep it down, even if you pull your jaw forward slightly.
Think about where your tongue is. Then push it up to on your palatte, this is where we put out tongues when anxious, it often creates a pain in the TMJ (tempro mandibular joint)and the exerted pressure can cause the tongue to swell. Be aware of where your tongue is, and relax it, after a few days of this it will not feel as bad, another way you can tell if you are exerting to much pressure on it is if you stick it a bit and look to see if you have imprints of your teeth on the edges!

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

joolsukuk
15-05-06, 19:53
hi clarrisa ..omg yes i have imprints on the side of my tongue...i was reading this doing what you said felt more relaxed will try to keep doing it thankyou very much.....mr monkey i wil also try the oranges lol thank you .....xx

jools xx

joolsukuk
15-05-06, 20:24
hi again just wanted to add that when i do relax it in mouth it feelslike its twitching!!!! clarissa did you mean that i should NOT put it on my pallet try to leep it in bottom of mouth?

jools xx

clarissa
16-05-06, 07:54
Yes try to keep it away from your palate as you tend to push and enhance anxiety by that, Twitching - yep that is because the tongue is a muscle and as it relaxes it is recovering from the tension we put on it... keep going with it it really helps.

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

gilly123
16-05-06, 21:31
Hi, I'm a new member (2weeks). I have this feeling also. I seem to be constantly looking in the mirror and checking for 'signs' of something wrong with my tongue!!. I have just read all your replys and yes, i do seem to keep my tongue constantly pushed up to my pallete. I am sitting here now consciously letting my tongue flop to the lower part of my mouth...not a pretty site lol and probably look really stupid lol BUT it has made me aware of where my tongue spends most of its time haha. Maybe this is aggreavating the swalling food problem (which i am convinced is throat cancer) but probably anxiety. Thought i would just say...you are not alone and i hope you feel better soon about your tongue (and mine lol).Gilly123

gill

joolsukuk
17-05-06, 01:08
hi gill
ive been trying to keep tongue down too, bet we must look a right pair! lol xxxx

jools xx

joolsukuk
22-05-06, 12:17
hello ...
this is just incase anyone with ymptoms like this looks this up.....my tongue is now back to normal lol once i began to stop thinking about it i realised it was ok ..so dont worry if you have this just another pain in the bum and will pass xxxxxxxx

jools xx

joolee
10-01-08, 19:21
omg im so glad i found this post i have been suffering for 2 months now with the same feeling i kept saying to myself im thinking about it to much but i kept checking it all the time and i was getting panicy with it i feel so relaxed now that i know its anxiety :yesyes: phew i have been to the docs and she thought the same thing sobut i was convinced different but now im gonna think positive and just ignore it i only notice the feelings when im bored and not doing anything but when im busy im not aware of it so it must be anxiety eh thanks love Joolee :hugs:

nomorepanic
10-01-08, 19:41
Joolee - Glad you were reassured by the post as it was an old one so I assume you were searching for a similar thing were you?

We have just about everything covered on here LOL

upsidedown
23-04-08, 04:55
when you were paranoid about your tongue (really aware of it), did you feel like it affected your speaking at all?