PDA

View Full Version : what lumpiness is normal in breasts?

swgrl09
05-09-11, 03:36
I'm 23 yrs old and have small breasts. I have always felt them being a little lumpy and go to the gyno yearly, never any issues. I think I am hypersensitive now to what has always been there and am noticing lumpiness that scares me. Is it normal to feel like your breasts are lumpy towards the chest wall/against the ribs? The only thing that worried me is that some ridges didnt feel the same on both sides.

Aycie
05-09-11, 10:13
I have similar worries and found this thread very informative
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46649 hope you do too.x

Aycie
05-09-11, 10:31
Just to add I have lumpy ridges at the edges so that does sound normal.x

swgrl09
05-09-11, 13:51
You know what, that was pretty helpful. I am checking myself the wrong way, I am just poking/prodding around. I tried the right way and it did feel different, but now it hurts (obv because I poked so much last night!!!!) I will let it be. I have a gyno appointment in a month and I will have her explain to me what to feel for specifically.

The thing that I also want to ask if anybody knows is this: I know people's breasts change with periods, but I am on the birth control pill. Does that stop those changes from happening? How does the pill affect breast lumpiness? I've been on it for years.

Breasts are annoying. Actually being a woman is annoying sometimes, we have all these scary things on our bodies! Agh.

swgrl09
05-09-11, 14:11
I know my breasts have always felt lumpy. I just felt one ridge that I wasn't sure I could find on the other side, and people keep saying "pea sized hard lumps are bad." Well it was pea sized, but I cannot tell if it is a muscle knot or breast tissue, as my muscles above and between my breasts often knot up. I also can't tell if it's been there, because if I really try I can feel lots of "pea sized" things and don't know what they are. I mean there are glands and stuff in there, right? I feel like a lot of masses of tissue which I am guessing is just because they are small, but they are not like just squishy throughout. Is that just because they are small? I mean again, always been lumpy, but just now paying close attention to what specific lumpiness I feel. And of course I have bruised myself now. Sigh. I should just stop touching them until my yearly gyno in October.

xfilme
12-09-11, 12:17
all breasts are lumpy because the all contain milk ducts and glands. taking certain pills can help. I take a pill because i suffer from mastitis, which is when the milk ducts become inflamed and tender. A certain hormone in the pill stop it from being as bad. When i come off the pill im in agony. I recomment you use an underwired bra if you havent already and a lot of the pain will ease by itself if its the same problem i have. also, when it gets real bad, a hot water bottle usually does the trick.