PDA

View Full Version : Help! Just come back from holiday,

Meewah
05-09-11, 05:59
Hi All

I have recently come back from a holiday and although these things are supposed to be relaxing I felt totally stressed out. I suppose mainly because all my diversions like my laptop, TV etc.. weren't with me. I also get concerned about my wife and kids health a lot. My wife is overweight and I worry that something might happen to her. I fear for my kids also watching them every minute to make sure they don't hurt themselves. The youngest knocked a wine bottle off the shelf at the supermarket while on holiday and then walked on it and cut the underside of his foot. I reacted quite calmly, which I have to say surprised me. We had him checked out at the local medical centre.
We went out for evening meals with the kids on a few occasions and even though it was busy , I felt surprisingly relaxed that was until on three occasions I experienced a light headed sensation that lasted around 15 minutes each time. Once while walking up a street, Once while sitting down at a restaurant and the last in the daytime in the same area. I have to say it only occurred in this busy built up area which made me think it was anxiety related. The only thing was I did not feel anxious or anything.

My next symptom was general chest aches as if I had been doing something strenous. I suppose the playing in the pool could have caused that? Finally the feelinging which I can only describe like the feeling after you have painted copydex, (PVA ,paper glue) in the gap between your nipples on your chest. It felt like the skin was tightning, nothing else just the skin.

I suppose having all this time to myself and in a foreign country was not wise. Now I am back home I am waking early, cant sleep, when I wake I am usually calm for 5 minutes until my concious mind realises that I am awake and it is too early and then I can feel my heart beating and I cant escape it. I start to become very tense and have to get up. This is why I am typing this at 6am.

Help I dont know if I should go to the docs for a checkup or as does in the past, it makes it worse as it makes it offical, if you know what I mean. Me admitting to myself that it "Might" not be anxiety is the first step to increased anxiety. I am also aware that anxiety can make you apply all symptoms to anxiety and possibly put yourself at risk. Not sure I can imagine this as I feel like the volume in my body has been turned up. I feel any twinge or strange sensation a lot more than a non anxious person. If that makes sense?

What should I do?

Mee