PDA

View Full Version : Worried might have start of CJD or Ahlzeimers or some other mind wasting disease

louise123_uk
05-09-11, 11:21
Hi

Last night I had a very weird episode, I woke in the middle of the night and I needed the loo, I lay there for a min before I decided to tell my boyfriend to put the light on as he can do so without getting up allowing me to see where I was going in getting to the bathroom. But when I tried to ask him I found I couldnt find the right words! I knew what I wanted to say, please put the light on but all I could get out was make it happen, it needs to happen thr thing needs to happen! He was lookibg at me like I'd gone mad and saying I dont know what you want and all I could do was point at the light and say I need it to happen, happening now, I wasnt even forming full sentences! I knew what I wanted to say but teh words wouldnt come, it really scared me!!

I woke up this morning and thought of it and my boyfriend said yeah it was quite weird and repeated what I'd said about make it happen and ointing at the light!! I am usually highly articulate, and I have NEVER experienced anything like that before. My mind was just so confused and couldnt grasp how to form the instruction I needed to say and couldnt even think of the words! I'm terrified this is something like the start CJD, Ahlzeimers or some other mind wasting disease. Im only 27, and Im sure I was fully awake! I am freaking out! Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Im worried as a few months ago I also posted about having woken up in middle of the night and having no idea was in my own bed, for a few minutes I would feel terrfied and wonder where I was, this happened maybe 5 or 6 times a few months back. This is what I posted before: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76253 My mum thought I probs was just waking up and dazed and I received reassuring posts, but with what happened last night I really am worried its all related and means I have something like CJD perhaps. :-s

rachel04
05-09-11, 12:01
hi louise
i think you might have woken from a deep sleep, dont worry to much about it, easier said than done i know lol. xx

swgrl09
05-09-11, 14:28
Hi, don't worry it was just that you were still in a deep sleep state and not fully awake yet. Parts of our body/brain can "wake up" at different speeds. I work with seniors every day and believe me, you do not have dementia or alzheimers. If it was something such as that, you would notice forgetfulness/confusion during the day. I mean you would be doing things such as leaving the stove on, getting lost in places you are very familiar, etc. It would be much more than just waking up and not getting some words out right away. I actually went to a training where I was told "If you can't find your car, you are forgetful. If you don't know what your car is, then that is a problem." Don't worry about it. You were just asleep. It's happened to me too.

swgrl09
05-09-11, 14:29
Also with regards to what happened a few months ago, you may have gone through a period of night terrors. My sister gets them when she is very stressed. She wakes up terrified, screaming, and not knowing what is going on. Sometimes she remembers it happens and sometimes she does not. For her it correlates with stress. Were you very stressed at that time?

nomorepanic
05-09-11, 14:37
It really doesn't sound like anything to worry about to be honest. Both incidents have happened at night and not in the day time. If you had something serious it would happen all the time.

I would forget this incident and move on from it.

AlexandriaUK
05-09-11, 14:42
I agree, dont let it get blown out of proprtion and check to see if you are getting enough fluids, if I was your mum I would think dehydration.
Check it and see, it causes some very weird symptoms and often we dont know we are so its worth looking into and so easy to see.

louise123_uk
15-05-13, 15:03
Update:

This kind of things has continued to happen maybe a once or twice in a month since I last posted. Usually what will happen is I will sit bolt upright in bed and gaze around me and I will feel extreme panic as I have no idea where I am. Last night it happened and it went on longer than ever, I sat upright about 3am yanked open the curtains did recognise the garden of the house I have lived in for 17 years, nor my own bedroom. I proceeded to try and get out of bed on the side that is against the wall and when I finally stumbled out the right side I walked into my wardrobe and didnt realise where I was until I was out in the hall!!

Recently I woke up at my boyfriends house in the middle of the night and got upset because I didn't know where I was or who he was.... I have only really stayed at either my own house or my boyfriend of 5 years house (so again I know his house well) and I'm terrified why this is happening.

I have read bout night terrors, but I have never suffered nightmares, sleep walked or had any problem getting to sleep or with waking up suddenly before all this started a year and a half ago, plus the concensus seems to be you don't remember night terrors well but I remember exactly what happened the next morning. It doesn't happen after I've been drinking or when I'm anymore tired than usual, and I'm not unduly stressed or haven't eaten late.

I'm starting to worry again that this sounds like the start of ahlzeimers, CJD or parkinsons, I've actually read an article that does says explicitly that people with Parkinsons can suffer waking up and not knowing where they are!!! Or I'm thinking it could be a brain tumour pressing on an area of my brain. I don't notice anything else really in terms of memory when I'm awake that I'm aware of but I have had episodes recently where it is almost like I've forgotten how to swallow! Not that I can't swallow, just that I have to think very hard about it to make it happen, which I'm now linking in with all this... Or I may just be plain crazy... My doc would have a field day if I ever mentioned something like this...