PDA

View Full Version : On Testosterone Replacement therapy now for life anyone else get anxiety with it?

slartybartuk
05-09-11, 13:25
Hi to everyone here!

I am a 38 year old male in relatively good health and I have recently been diagnosed with a damaged pituitary gland. Happened about 2 years ago with no rhyme or reason.

The condition is called Empty Sella Syndrome. Apparently my pituitary gland now appears small/ damaged (in fact they could barely find it)

This controls the hormones that controls the testes to make testosterone.

I was suffering the side effects of Low T for the last 18 months but took about 12 months to see a Doc.

I have been on injections for the last few months now. I am feeling better but I have been getting anxiety/panic attacks about 5 times a month now. and I'm wondering if anyone else here with Low T has suffered anxiety as a side effect of treatment?

best wishes

Slarty

Out_To_Lunch
20-03-12, 02:38
HI Slarty,

I am on testosterone, have been for about 2+ years. I am 61, mine was do to testies. I take 125 mg once a week. If you do a very good/deep search on lack of testosterone symptoms you should find a long list. I was surprised to find that a lot of the symptoms are GAD related. The one that was the worse for me was, I could not make up my mind (indecisiveness) and that is just not me. The wife also noticed this as well. I also got in a fight with a zip lock bag and the bag won, I could not open it. :D. I was loosing strength and could not bulk up lifting weights.

I am not sure what to say about the T causing your anxiety/panic. From what I have read is, that if you have low T, it can give you anxiety. Also muscle, bone, and hair lost.

Note: I am self injecting; well I was at first in the thigh. Was using a small 23G needle, however I would get a very sore thigh. (bruised muscle) So I now have the wife give me the shot in my butt muscle. Good to go.....She is good, I have had mosquito bites that hurt worst.

Hope this helps......

J R