PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :)

MrMonkey
14-05-06, 17:51
Evening folks!

Just joined up and I thought introductions would be a good place to start. I've been suffering panic attacks and general anxiety for about 5 years now, and after about 1 or 2 years of not breathing [Oops!] I am largely in control of it, but we all have our lapses don't we? [8D] I have learnt a variety of coping techniques and changed my lifestyle greatly since the first attack, and I'm lucky enough to have a counsellor for a mum too, but that can be a bane as well, trust me.

I'm just hoping to share my knowledge, learn something new and make some understanding friends in the process.

Despite all the things I have tried, joining an online forum never occured to me until recently when, after suffering one of the worst panic attacks I have had in years (coupled with a migrane!) [xx(] I spoke to a friend and he told me about a forum he goes to to discuss his OCD. I figure since one of the key ingredients in making me feel better during/after a panic attack is talking to someone, an online forum is a good idea since there is bound to always be someone around. Plus I can just hang out and talk to people too - hee, like I need another excuse to waste time! Oh well.

Monkey out :)

Alexandra
14-05-06, 18:20
Hiya

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

sophieunderscore
14-05-06, 18:45
Heya Monkey and welcome!

I'm sure you'll find the forum a great help, I certainly have!

If you ever wanna talk just send me a PM or I have msn if you have it :)

scoobygirl2005
14-05-06, 18:50
Hi.

A very warm welcome to the site! You will find lots of help and support here hunni.

Scooby2005
x x

Karen
14-05-06, 18:56
Hi Monkey

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

MrMonkey
14-05-06, 19:25
Thanks Peeps. I may put up more in a bit about my specific problems here in a bit, but I'll have a browse around first.

giddy
14-05-06, 19:31
Welcome Monkey
Love Helen

lildutt
14-05-06, 19:46
welcome monkey hope you get the support you want from here like i have and also some lovely friends
they know who they are
so hope to speak in chat soon aswell
bellxx

Daisybun
14-05-06, 20:32
Welcome to the forum. Its good to have you on board. You'll find lots of support here

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Two heads
14-05-06, 20:34
Welcome!Theres loads of help here hun when ever you need it. All if you just fancy getting a way from good old anxiety its self there are the chat rooms!xx

tonyc
14-05-06, 20:44
hi evryone im tony, ive had panick attacks for years, not all the time but i seem to have periods when it takes over my life again. thank god for this website, i dont feel as if im the only person who has these strange horrible feelings

Wenjoy
14-05-06, 21:11
Hi MOnkey
This website is brilliant especially as it makes all of us realise we are not alone and there are thousands of us out there...
Keep smiling - Wenjoy

wobily_lin
16-05-06, 06:15
Hi Monkey,

Welcome to the site. Yes I'm sure this will help you no doubt.

Look forward to seeing you in the chat:)

Take care,

Lin,
xxx

trac67
16-05-06, 08:56
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

KatiePie
17-05-06, 18:48
Hi Monkey
Welcome to the site. Really nice people here.
KatiePie

nomorepanic
18-05-06, 18:53
Hi there

A big warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help. Feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

fizz
18-05-06, 22:39
Hi monkey
Welcome to the forum,everyone here is really friendly and will always ffer you good advice,and when youve had a bad day its nice to be able to share it with others who are going through the same thing,
joanne

chucklehound
19-05-06, 17:10
Hi and welcome to NMP!:D