PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat!

MVP123
05-09-11, 15:00
Ok so I now have a really sore throat and I have got a bad cough developing, I don't think its a cold as I don't have the sniffles or blocked nose. So automatically I think lung or throat cancer, why can't it ever be anything simple :-((

swgrl09
05-09-11, 15:06
Could just be the start of a cold, I usually don't get sniffles until it clears up. Sounds like post nasal drip that makes you cough and makes your throat hurt. Do you have allergies?

I have this almost daily during allergy season.

MVP123
05-09-11, 15:18
I don't suffer from allergies no, and what's worrying me is I had bronchitis a few weeks ago, and now this, and the cough (which sounds like a smokers cough) seems to have come from nowhere, so now I am scared :-(

Anxious_gal
05-09-11, 16:12
Your immune system is still weak, most likely another viral infection.
Keep an eye on your temperature and take paracetamol if it goes up.

When I had a bad cough I noticed that when I took Neurofin tablets it went away, then I figured out it was the codeine in it! Oh it was bliss to have a few hours relief from the cough.
Each cough was agony, my chest and back and tummy hurt. I would get bad fits too where I would get really dizzy.
You can also get the codeine in a cough bottle too.
I wish someone had told me about it when I had a bad chest infection that took ages to clear up.

If it gets too uncomfortable you can always visit your doctor.
Nothing bad is going to happen to you. It's just a cough and a sore throat it really cannot harm you :)

Ever since I had my chest infection years ago, I find cold air can stills send me off into a fit of coughing.
I hate coughs so much as they take forever with me to clear up.