PDA

View Full Version : Helloo :)! Long term anxiety sufferer (I think)

beanfrog
05-09-11, 17:16
Hello,

For the last 5 years I have suffered from dizziness, headaches and tiredness etc but for last 6 months the dizziness has become much more intense. I was diagnosed with anxiety 5 years ago and the symptoms were put down to panic attacks. Around 10 months ago I was also diagnosed with endometriosis ( not a severe case) after months of chronic abdominal pain. Basically im wondering if the dizziness I am now experiencing (I feel like Im about to faint but never actually do and this can happen 10 if not more times a day) and I have also developed blurrred vision in my right eye (which seems to be worse under bright lightning, this has been checked out and they cant seem to find why this is happening) is just due to anxiety or if its something else. Up until being diagnosed with anxiety 5 years ago I didn't even feel anxious and apart from bloods Ive never had any other diagnostic testing to prove it to be anything else. I have to take regular naproxen and co codamol for the endometriosis pain and am having on going treatment for this. I will make yet another doctors appointment to try and find out what is happening but it just seems every time I go they dismiss it and put it down to anxiety. I am really beginning to struggle with coping with this continual dizziness/tiredness and I never feel well. I have recently qualified as a nurse and really dont want this to get in the way of my career as I love my job but continually feeling as though you are about to faint dosent look great in front of patients and other staff! I openly admit to being a bit of a hypochondriac and a worrier but I am able to put this into perspective and think this is often the case with alot of nurses. I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who feels/has felt like this or knows what it might be? I could really do with some answers now!

Thankyou

diane07
05-09-11, 17:19
Hi beanfrog

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
05-09-11, 17:57
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

selphie
05-09-11, 20:39
hi beanfrog im getting dizzyness at the moment and i feel tired about 5 mins after i get up but thats when my worrying starts as soon as i get up im very anxious at the mo tho so i think thats what it could be. it gets very tiring worrying think it puts a strain on our bodies.xxx:hugs:

venusbluejeans
07-09-11, 12:40
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: